Chambers

Aemma looks around from sewing as Aegon enters the nursery before she looks back down uninterested as he walks over to their daughters who sit alone without their brothers as they play with each other.

He turns them around one by one unable to find the child he is looking for and turns around the chambers trying to find the said child before finally turning to his wife who has not looked at him since he entered her children's chambers.

"Where is Maegor?" Aegon asks after glancing at the faces of their children and the chambers in search of his heir.

"Not here," Aemma glances at Aegon who is watching her closely with an annoyed look on his face.

"Where is he?" Aegon walks over to Aemma who does not look at her husband as she continues to sew.

"Attending his lessons." Aegon becomes more annoyed at the levelled response he is given from his wife and steps forwards angrily that makes Aemma pause nervously.

Aegon nods as he walks towards the door before freezing as he looks back at his wife who looks back at him with a raised eyebrow from under her bowed head.

"Where are his lessons, wife?" Aegon starts to grow impatient at her silver tongued answers and how easy she is avoiding answering his questions.

Knowing she could not get Aegon's interest with something else, Aemma sighs as she finally gives him the answer he wants: "The library. He is with Baelon and Jaehaerys."

"Good."

"Where are you going to take him?"

"The Small Council, he is the heir after all and it is time he learns how to be King."

"Please do not take him from his lessons-" Aemma starts as Aegon walks past her to the doorway as she watches him walk past her as she tries to grab his hand which makes him pause.

"Do you not wish for your son to learn how to do his duty?" Aegon looks at Aemma who looks back at him with something in her eyes he is unable to understand.

"Of course not," Aemma bows her head to her husband and King who looks her over before nodding as he turns to walk out of the chambers.

"I am scared, Aegon." Her words catch her attention as he turns to look at her from the doorway as she looks up at him with terror filled eyes.

"Of what?" Aegon frowns as he glances around at the chambers before looking at his young beautiful wife who is looking back at him with his elder sister's eyes that look so much like his father.

But unknown to him she had the twin face of her grandmother and his mother's predecessor the Queen Aemma Arryn, the woman she was named for "You are safe here."

"I am scared of the rats." Aegon and the servants in the room look around the chambers confused before Aegon looks back at the Queen who is watching him with scared eyes.

"The Queen is tired, is she not? Make sure she is careful around the children." Aegon exits the chambers as Aemma bows her head with tears in her eyes as her attendants look at her with pity filled eyes.