A Death

Aemma lays on her bed looking up at the ceiling thinking as Aegon moans above her. He was drunk again, just as she thought they were getting better he became worse. Well, he was better than what he had been but they were not getting any better.

So now she was there again on her back removing her mind from reality.

When he is done he rolls off of her breathing heavily as he rolls onto his side watching her as he traces her chest with a finger. "Your teats are still big"

"Hm?" She looks at him before looking down "Yes, they are from the babe"

"I like it"

"Thank you, husband"

"Did you enjoy that?"

"Of course"

Aegon nods as he rolls on top of her again and the cycle starts again as Aemma looks at the ceiling as Aegon moves above her. For some reason she does not know why she turns to look at him which catches him off guard and makes him slow down slightly.

He stays at this pace as they look at each other and he becomes less like a machine and more like a lover.

Aemma still did not enjoy it but she enjoyed it much more than what he had been doing and so she smiles at Aegon who continues to watch her.

When they are finished they lay there curled up together happy with the silence as they look out of the window watching birds play together. Well Aegon watches the birds while Aemma's mind shows her a picture of a woman burning.

"Aemma?" Aegon frowns confused watching as Aemma stands and runs out of the chamber. Aegon stops to get Aemma's robe as he follows his wife after pulling on his own as well.

He finds her in their children's nursery holding their babe in her arms as she mutters to herself as the maids watch her just as confused as Aegon.

"Aemma?" Aegon gently puts her robe around her shoulders as he looks down at Baelon in Aemma's arms. "Aemma what is the matter?"

"Death. Someone has died by dragonfire" she tells him not looking up from their son as she continues to mutter to herself.

The next day they get the news Laena Velaryon has died.