Battle of Hearts

"Tell me it is a lie!" Aemma screamed as she hugged her children to her tightly as Alicent bowed her head with tears in her eyes. 

"My Grandmother is not dead!"

That drew all eyes to the Queen who looked around at them with eyes wide in grief and horror as her children hugged her tightly.

"The King was gravely injured and is being transported to the Red Keep as we speak," Alicent continues to say "He will need you, as will Aemond. They-"

"Aemond can rot in the Seven Hells," Aemma spits as Baelon and Visenya soothe their siblings who are muttering behind their mother who has silent tears falling down her face as she sits on the stone floor of her chambers.

"I will leave you to your grief," Alicent says before nodding to the others in the chamber who all bow to their Queen before they leave with their Dowager.

"Mother?" Baelon asks nervously as he watches as his mother stands and rushes around her chambers throwing clothes onto the floor behind her, clothes that belong to her children. "Mother what are you doing?"

"You are not staying here," Aemma mutters "You are going to Dragonstone, to my mother. You-I will not have you put into danger."

"What of you?" Visenya asks with a nervous glance at her brother who looks back at her as they turn to their mother who pauses in her movements before she continues with a slight shake of her head.

"As long as you are safe," she says "Then I do not care what happens to me. If they ask then I will say I have sent you away for safe keeping."

"How are we to leave if they have guards on every post?"

Aemma smiles as she turns and walks to a stone wall which she pushes in to reveal a secret passage. "Follow this hall," she says with a glance to the door "Turn left when you see an X in chalk on the wall before you, do not turn right whatever you do."

"What would happen if we did?"

"You-I will not tell you I do not wish to say such things... Larys Strong enjoys what it would bring you to. That is all I will say on the matter."

Rhaenyra looks around at the sound of a knock on her chamber door which makes her frown as she slowly walks forwards as she picks a knife from the table that she passes. After taking a deep breath she opens the door suddenly and violently startling the two people on the other side.

"Jace?"

"Mother?"

"What are you-?" Rhaenyra glances up at the Kingsguard who bows his head to her as she looks him over with a frown.

"Why have you knocked on my chamber?"

"There are riders who wish to talk to you both, your grace." The Kingsguard says, with another bow of his head. "They await you both in the Great Hall."

"Grandmother?" Baelon says nervously as Rhaenyra and Jace stand side by side in shock as they stare at their Aemma's children who are duty from their journey with their sworn sword Ser Harrold behind them who bows to Rhaenyra who cannot take her eyes from her grandchildren.

"Baelon?" She finally asks blinking as she glances at Jace who glances back at her before looking at the children in front of them "How-? How is this possible?"

"Mother did not wish for us to remain in Kingslanding so she sent us here with Ser Harrold."

"And what of my daughter?"

"She could not make it, she is to remain in the Red Keep but will send ravens through another to us."

"A-a spy?" Jace asks nervously for he knew that spies never lasted long in the Red Keep. His heart drops when Baelon nods his head.

"All she asks is that we be treated kindly."

Rhaenyra nods with a kind smile as tears of joy fill her eyes as she rushes forwards to hug her grandchildren who hug her back as Jace sniffs bowing his head unable to look at Jaehaerys who looks so much like Luke.

"Of course you will be treated kindly," Rhaenyra whispers "You are my grandchildren, my beloveds."

A weight vanishes from Baelon and Visenya's shoulders as they sag with a sigh of relief and hug their grandmother back tightly which signals to Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, Helaena and Naerys that they may hug their grandmother as well. 

Which they do, and tightly as they cling to their waists as lively chatter bounces off of the walls bring back a light that no one had realised had vanished.