The Golden Age

My parents told me stories of what their life was like before it began: The war. The war that started because power hungry tyrants and worshippers of evil wanted something that no one should even have! And the war that led to the division of our people.

Before the Galactic Federation was established, humanity was a single race that benefited from things both good and bad. When we soon found out that we were not alone, we began to show a sign of brotherhood and love to one another.

In time, that peace formed friendships and alliances. As more came to the circle, we created a society that benefited from peace and harmony. Civilization flourished under this peaceful system. We were able to do things we had not dreamed of doing such as medical, agricultural, industry, poverty, and a chance to travel through the stars.

Humanity along with its new friends began to establish colonies and living centers for all to live in. Space became heavily populated and every planet soon had a human/alien built colony on them. The Galactic Federation was later established to be the enforcer of peace and it has led the galaxy well.

Many alien leaders and humans did not have the need for war and suffering so they signed many treaties and regulations that forbade them from ever building weapons of mass destruction. Whenever a conflict did happen, the galactic federation always found a way to prevent it even if it did lead to the deaths of a few.

As time went on, we began to reflect and look back at all the achievements we made together. And then one day, everything changed.

A mystic spirit from an unknown place that not even we explored visited the galaxy wherever he went. He brought wisdom and technology from his home world that helped us even better. We were able to have god like powers that changed the fate of our universe. These god powers he granted us was able to do things such as resurrection. We were so amazed at this new power that we began using it for our civilization and it changed a lot.

We could grow food faster, cleaner water, more advanced technology, prevent death and loss, build things that were worth building, and it brought a sense of unity among us.

A new religion was put into place decades after this being of hope came to us. We began to treat it like a god so much that we became known as the Light Worshippers. The Light Spirit as well called him once told us that his power may have given us unity and harmony but it could also be used for horrific violence and senseless ideals that benefit from war and conflict. He also mentioned that only one true of heart would be granted these powers. And that was how this petty conflict started in the first place.