Meanwhile

While Battles continued on in Neptune and most of the Galaxy, Earth was suffering from an intense invasion. For almost 2 months, the GDC was being pushed back from all corners of the planet and almost 90% of the planet was under Shadow Covenant control.

With the loss of many soldiers and much territory, the Capital eventually became a war zone and the GDC forces there put up a staggering amount of resistance. However, with no word from the Vanguard and the loss of many ships in the Home Defense Fleet, all things were in jeopardy.

Trostland was eventually evacuated as was many other towns and cities close by to the capital but soon became battlefields themselves. Shadow Covenant troops marched all across the entire area and managed to retake some old Red Legion outposts that turned into new bases of operations.

Those who did not manage to flee went into hiding and used a tunnel system to get into the capital or at least some GDC controlled areas where they would be given food and supplies. Some got captured by the Shadow Covenant and were sent to the deepest darkness of prisons where they would be forced to work and live under a life of slavery.

The Shadow Covenant increased its brutality and enforcement laws against the people it occupied. Troops were being sent left and right and what was even worse was that they were nearing close to the capital center which if captured, could lead to the sole surrender of the GDC or the full capture of Ethos Prime.

Most Shadow troops fled alongside Dark Master to the portal that led to the unknown planet but those that remained were ordered to fight and try and take as much territory as they could and at that point, Earth was in their grasp.

Several campaigns broke out all over and GDC troops did everything they could to push the Shadow Covenant out. But with so little victories, they were only able to halt the advancing armies and with weapons supplies given to them by their Allie's, it was tough to gain a foothold or establish themselves a beachhead.

Once the Red Legion controlled mines, the Shadow Covenant began to reuse it as a mining and producing center that mined ores for arms production. Ten thousand weapons would be manufactured within a couple of weeks and be used in Shadow Covenant forces.

Ethos Prime was under heavy assault at this time and most GDC were losing weapons and troops left and right. The Vanguard quickly made use of the Farm which was their old command center during the days of the Red Legion invasion. The militias there would eventually be indoctrinated into the GDC and soon they had formed quite a fighting force in the army.

Most refugees became new recruits within a matter of seconds and they all took part in the many battles and campaigns being waged upon. As the Capital became nothing more than a pile of smoking rubble, GDC and resistance forces began fighting all over thus creating more destruction.

The Vanguard launched small guerrilla campaigns and prison raids in order to free prisoners as well as disrupt enemy supplies and troop transports. They also launched campaigns up in space where some Shadow Covenant ships still remained in order to aid the ground forces.

The old satellite defense systems were still being repaired but eventually they all got back to normal. Space battles along with ground skirmishes popped up almost every day and while some were victories, it did not change anything really.

Shadow Covenant forces were still taking control and had a large heavy presence unlike any army the galaxy had seen before. It has been quite a while since they even started this war and they were still close to winning. They had not lost their warmongering behaviors but it was true that some were questioning the actions they committed.

Even some Shadow Covenant leaders had some issues and questioning despite the fact that they were winning the war and the only question they were asking was what's next now that they were close to winning.

Eventually GDC troops managed to get their strength back and were now causing damage to the Shadow Covenant both inside and outside of the city. Other places under Shadow Covenant control quickly fell to large amounts of enemy resistance forces and soon they began to lose their grip very quickly.

But in one battle of the war, a prison camp was attacked by GDC forces and they managed to free prisoners but it was planned to be a trap so they could lure them in and explode the entire base on sight. Amanda Holiday helped over 20,000 prisoners escape the prison before her death in the base. A loss to few would overcome but it was a victory.

As the saying goes: Devotion inspires Bravery and Bravery leads to Sacrifice.

GDC troops managed to retake all major sectors of the capital city and soon pushed out all Shadow Covenant forces outside the outskirts. The city was theirs once more.

Eventually scattered fighting, big campaigns, and small guerrilla warfare made the Shadow Covenant flee the planet and soon the entire galaxy was liberated but the fight was not over yet! The only thing standing in their way of making sure to end the war was through that portal.

The only problem is was that they were unable to get there. The portal was only accessed by Shadow Covenant and the Dark Master himself and all the GDC attempts were unsuccessful. Smaller campaigns broke out in key locations in order to find clues or at least something that could aid in the final battle.

On Titan, the GDC made contact with an old GDC commander who found a beast of unknown origin that became a key ally in the war. On the moon, they managed to obtain ancient hive magic that would eventually lead to major battles all ending with GDC victories. Savathun along with her loyal followers like First Ghost Immaru were freed from their prison sentence just to make sure they fought along their side since they knew the way of getting through the portal.

Each and every one of these smaller campaigns shortly after the galaxy was liberated from all Shadow Covenant influences was provided to be very crucial to the war effort as there was an answer for them to get through to the portal

And once that answer was eventually found, they would not only go through the portal to the darkened home of Dark Master and his loyal followers but also thus bringing an end to the Final Campaigns and thus ending the war.

While most of the galaxy was rebuilding from the immense horrors and destruction they faced from the conflict and the occupation forces of the Shadow Covenant, GDC forces managed to circle all over the portal and began to lay for a siege.

Remaining Shadow Covenant forces in the galaxy was forced to flee to the portal or make last stands all over. Smaller skirmishes with the surrounding defense fleet eventually made them collapsed and the final obstacle in the GDC's plans to liberate the galaxy was destroyed.

The final battle was about to commence. There was no going back, there was no ifs, ands, or buts. This was it. The day the GDC would win and bring freedom back into the galaxy. And also the day the Shadow Covenant yielded to the light.

 And also the day the Shadow Covenant yielded to the light