The Moon

Nearly 1 month after the tragedy of Cayde's death, the Vanguard was in shambles. The loss of one of their finest military commanders and friend was not very much putting everyone in fighting spirit. But they had to push through in order to end the war.

As fighting raged all across the galaxy, there was a rising situation forming near Earth's atmosphere. On the Moon, Hive Shadow Troops under the command of Xivu Arath, one of Dark Master's lieutenants launched an invasion upon the local populace and forced them into hiding.

They established a base of operations while keeping their command center in place underground. The command center was one of the largest ships built for the Shadow Covenant and was considered to be a Pyramid Class Assault Warship which was the backbone of their navy. It could carry a legion of 1 million troops, supplies, weapons, carry about 1,000 fighter craft, and even had an armament of 80 powerful guns.

The one that Xivu Arath had was loaned by one of the Shadow Covenant's best fleets ever created. As Shadow Forces landed to secure the moon as a potential base, local GDC fleets nearby were sent to quell the invasion.

GDC troops landed at a key city center where the heaviest fighting still takes place. Right there, they brought armor and troops over to quell the enemy. Shadow troops began to combat the GDC with tactics no one had ever seen before.

To make matters worse, Eliksni raiders were popping up everywhere including a small number of Vex which proved to be too much for the GDC to handle. Bombardment missions commenced soon after the GDC landed and had been going on for quite some time.

In no time at all, the GDC laid siege to the capital which was being protected by what remained of the Hive invasion forces. Hive forces eventually surrendered and the GDC retook the moon. Scattered fighting continued for almost every day but eventually all fighting had ended and the GDC established it as a military checkpoint.