Vol 2 Prologue: Opening Gambit

-M29. 671. Falmart. Saderan Imperial Palace. Leisure Palace-

Saderan Imperial Palace holds a massive welcoming party for both the Imperium of Man and Japan. Thus, various nobles attend this party to see the invaders by themselves. Then, they are greeted by something unfathomable in their own tongue to speak.

The Japanese diplomats were more or less like ordinary people wearing the togas worn by many of the Saderan nobles, showing their respect for the Saderan culture.

It impresses the nobles on how these foreigners adore a culture that is drastically different than their own.

In contrast to the Japanese, the Imperium of Man wears much more grandeur attire than any of them ever witnessed—the variant colors of gold, purple, and blue perfectly combine line and gradation. The clothes are made with fiber that is softer than silk and much more comfortable than cotton.

The style of their attire is foreign and yet also familiar with Saderan culture. It is a mix of Saderan culture and some more strange styles. When asked what style they used, they answered it was mixed with Old Roman and Gothic culture. It would be an understatement to say it was interesting, as it was crafted by countless cultures that existed before theirs, thus birthing the current Imperial culture.

However, their cultural clothing is one of many that draws Saderan's attention. The unmatched beauty of their clothing is only comparable to the Imperial's unparalleled perfection. They are men and women that bear perfect features and peerless magnificent figures. But, their size made the Saderan nobles feel fear as the giants' aura screamed authority and power. Albeit there are some normal-sized men and women, the taller Imperials are becoming the main spot of Saderan attention.

"What a wonderful party, Princess Pina," Raias says to the woman beside him as he wears his usual military skin uniform.

"Indeed..." She nods slowly with a bit of a sour expression.

"Something is bothering you?" He asks again but in a more concerned tone.

"The burden of mine that His Majesty gifted to me. It... To be honest with you, Captain. It stresses much of my concentration." Pina replies, grimacing.

"I can concur with your sentiment, Princess. His Majesty's mandate is an order anyone in the Imperium cannot take lightly." Said Raias, smiling thinly at the Princess.

"Have you ever received direct orders from the Emperor like now, Captain?" The red-haired Princess inquires carefully.

"No, Princess. This is my only duty that His Majesty himself had given direct order." Raias says with a smile.

"I see," Pina mutters, directing his eyes low. "May I ask you something, Captain?"

"Ask anyway, Princess."

Pina takes a deep breath, steeling her heart with her determination. "How does it feel to serve under The Emperor and Imperium?"

Raias ponders for a moment, lowering his eyes. The moment he becomes a Solar Guardian is not a pleasant memory. It only enforces by the War of Retribution. Yet, he finds honor in serving Imperium and his Emperor. Despite that, it was a glorious duty to serve mankind and its survival.

"It was more than you ever expected, Princess. The Emperor of Mankind has taken the role of ruling monarch of the Imperium with a reason. He is the Master of Mankind, as he knows better than me or anyone else. It was why he purged the old Federation and created the Imperium with its culture. Since the end of the Third Galactic War, many horrors have manifested themselves, and it is my duty to keep humanity safe. Because only in death does duty end. As long as the enemies of humanity remain, it will be our sacred duty to eradicate them." He explains with a longing yet proud expression, sending a wave of charismatic aura to the red-haired Princess.