The balcony - LeeKnow

You stir in the night, the dark is unfamiliar and disorienting. You reach out, expecting the warmth of your boyfriend beside you, only to find the bed empty and cold. Confused, you sat up, rubbing your eyes.

Where is Minho? You remember cuddling with him before falling asleep, but now he's not there anymore. Searching the room with your eyes, you noticed the balcony door was open.

You slip out of bed and walk to the balcony, the moonlight guiding your steps. You see your boyfriend standing there, his silhouette illuminated by the silver glow. His back was facing you while he leaned on the balcony railing, his head hanging low.

You stood at the door for a moment, waiting for him to notice you, but he didn't. The night air is still and silent, except for your boyfriend's deep sights. You slowly step outside and carefully slip your hand around his torso. Minho jumped a little.

"Why are you awake, babe?" he asked softly.

"I could ask you the same thing. The bed felt cold and empty without you there."

As you looked at your boyfriend, you noticed the sad look in his eyes. Dark circles could be seen under his eyes.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing." He replied while directing his gaze back into the distance.

This was a lie. You knew it. Something was bothering him.

"That was a lie, Minho. Please tell me."

"It's nothing!"

"So if it's nothing, why are you standing on the balcony in the middle of the night?"

"Am I not allowed to do that?!" he was getting agitated.

You sighed, hugging him again while resting your head on his strong back.

After a few moments of silence, he spoke again: "Sorry, y/n. I didn't mean to get upset at you. I know you only mean well."

"It's okay, babe." You said this while letting go of his back to look at him.

Minho opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. You gently turned his head, so he was facing you.

"You shouldn't keep everything bottled up inside. You can tell me anything. I'm always here for you." You encouraged him.

He took a deep breath and spoke, "In the end, it's not that big of a deal. In fact, it's stupid."

"It doesn't matter if it's a big deal or not. Your feelings are still valid, they are not stupid." you softly replied while rubbing small circles on his shoulders.

"Today at the recording schedule, I continued to bump into the cameraman as we were trying to get a close-up shot. I simply couldn't focus and repeated the same mistake again and again. I'm still annoyed at myself. I've done the choreo a hundred times, but today wasn't my best day."

"Everyone makes mistakes, Minho. Even the main dancer of Stray Kids is no exception to this. But no one will look down on you for it. You are still an incredibly talented dancer."

A small smile appeared on his face.

"Don't worry too much about it. It's already in the past and won't matter anymore tomorrow."

"You are right, babe. There is no point in being stuck on past mistakes." Minho agreed.

He pulled you closer and kissed you.

"Let's go back to bed." He softly said.

After the two of you got back into bed, Minho put an arm around you, pulling you close to him while nestling his head into the crock of your neck.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too." You mumbled while drifting back into dream land.

"How did I get this lucky?" Minho whispered while finally falling asleep as well.