My safe place - Changbin

"You brought me breakfast?"

"Well, you said you always forget to eat before you go to work, so I thought I'd make sure you ate something." Changbin said.

A smile spread across your face while you peaked into the bag from your favorite bakery shop.

"But I'm going to be late if I eat this now."

You checked the time on your phone. The metro would leave in 7 minutes.

"You can eat it in the car. I'll give you a ride."

"Thank you, Changbin!" you beamed at him.

Walking over to where his car was parked, you took a sip of the coffee Changbin had handed you alongside with the bag. You stopped as Changbin opened the door on the passenger side.

"You are such a gentleman today." You teased him.

"What do you mean today? I'm always a gentleman!" Changbin raised his voice a bit, which was a clear signal that he was a little offended.

You put up your hands in defeat and smirked while getting inside the car. You knew all too well how to push his buttons. You started unpacking the muffin while Changbin got into the driver seat. But he didn't start the car. Furrowing your eyebrows, you looked up.

"Seatbelt." Changbin said while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

You laughed, "You are always so strict with me."

"I am just concerned about your safety."

"Right. But you do know that I feel the safest when I am with you."

You winked at him before putting on your seatbelt and redirecting your attention back to the muffin. Changbin's heart swelled in his chest when you said this. He always tried his best to make you feel safe. He wanted nothing more than to protect you from the cruel world that you were living in. Of course, he couldn't protect you from everything. There were things out of his control. But that motivated him even more to make sure you were taken care of while with him.

Starting the engine, he looked over to you and had to chuckle. You looked so adorable while chewing with stuffed cheeks on the muffin he picked out for you.

"Is it good?"

"Yeah. Want a bite?"

"Will you feed it to me?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

You laughed and held a piece of the muffin in front of his face. He opened his mouth, but before he could bite it, you pulled your hand back.

"Y/nnnn!" Changbin whined while his eyes never left the busy roads.

You laughed and finally gave him the piece of muffin.

"Mmmh. It's really tasty."

"Want some more?"

"No. You eat it. I bought it for you."

You stuffed the last bit into your mouth. You took a sip from the coffee and proceeded to hold it up to Changbin so he could have a sip as well.

After a moment of silence, you asked: "What are you doing tomorrow evening?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"There is this new restaurant down the block. I've heard the food is really good. Do you want to try it?"

"Sounds good. Want me to make a reservation?"

"Yes, that would be nice. Maybe at 8 p.m.?"

"Perfect." Changbin replied as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Thanks for the ride and the breakfast!"

"It was my pleasure, princess."

The nickname never failed to make you blush a little. And he knew it. He giggled while he looked at you. You shot him a glare before getting out of the car.

"Talk to you later?" you asked, peaking your head back into the car.

"Of course! I'm only a text message away. Have a good day!"

"You too, Binnie."

You closed the door of the car and waved through the window. He waved back before starting the car and reversing it. You made your way over to the tall building, the smile never leaving your face.