The nightmare - LeeKnow

The sound of your doorbell interrupted your scrolling on social media. You got up and went to the door opening it. Outside was your elderly neighbor holding something in her hand.

"Oh y/n, dear. Could you please help me?"

"Of course! What is..." the words got tuck in your throat as you watched your neighbors face change.

It suddenly looked deformed. You wanted to scream but no sound escaped your lips. You tried to run, but your body was not taking orders from your brain. Suddenly you were trapped in a dark, endless tunnel, the air thick with the stench of rot and decay. A disembodied voice, cruel and mocking, echoed through the darkness, taunting you with every terrible thing that could ever befall you. You tried to scream again, but no sound came out. The tunnel seemed to squeeze tighter around you, compressing your lungs, your heart, until you could hardly breathe. And then, just as you thought you couldn't stand it any longer, just as the darkness began to swallow you whole, you heard a different voice calling your name. The voice grew louder before you jolted up, a chill running down your spine.

Minho's concerned face loomed over you, his features etched with worry. He gently brushed a stray lock of hair away from your forehead, his touch sending shivers through your body.

"Hey, you okay?" he whispered, his voice full of worry.

You opened your mouth to speak, but no words came out. You couldn't even muster the strength to nod as your heart continued to race. The nightmare was still vivid in your mind - your neighbor's face, the fear and the darkness. You could feel the panic rising again, threatening to consume you.

Minho must have sensed your distress, because he pulled you closer, wrapping his strong arms around you and said, ""Shhh... it's okay, I'm here, you're safe now. You're with me."

You let out a shuddering breath, your chest heaving as you tried to catch your breath. Minho continued to rub small circles on your back.

"I had the strangest dream," you managed to croak, your voice rough.

He smiled gently, and you felt the weight of his gaze as he studied your face.

"You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to," he said, "but you know I'm here for you, right?"

Your breathing began to steady as you felt the tension slowly drain from your body. The memory of the nightmare faded, replaced by the familiarity of Minho's touch. You closed your eyes, enjoying the feeling of being held and protected.

"It was awful," you admitted, feeling the tears welling up in your eyes. "I felt so helpless, so trapped."

Minho tightened his grip, pressing you closer to his warm, strong body.

"I know it must have been terrifying, but you are not helpless," he said firmly. "And you are never alone. Not with me."

"I'm sorry I woke you up," you whispered, wiping away your tears.

Minho shook his head.

"It's okay. I'd rather be here with you than sleep alone."

His thumb traced circles on the back of your hand, sending a wave of warmth through your entire body.

"Besides, you know you're always safe with me, right?"

You looked up at him, feeling a mix of gratitude and affection welling up inside you.

"Thank you," you whispered, leaning in to press your forehead against his. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

He smiled, his breath warm against your skin.

"You'd probably survive, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun," he teased. Then, more seriously, "You're strong, you know that? You've been through so much, and you keep going. You keep fighting."

You felt your cheeks flush at his words.

"I don't know about that," you muttered, trying to play it off. "I've just been lucky, I guess."

"Lucky to have me?" he asked with a grin, and you couldn't help but laugh.

His hand moved up to cup your cheek, his thumb tracing circles on your skin as he studied your face, before he continued, his voice low and serious.

"We've been through a lot together, and we'll keep going. No matter what."

Before you could say anything, he leaned in closer, his lips brushing against yours in a gentle, sweet kiss. The touch sent a wave of warmth coursing through your body, making your heart skip a beat.

After he pulled away he smiled at you: "You ready to go back to sleep?"

"Only if you cuddle me. I'm scared the nightmare will come back."

"Don't be scared y/n, I am right here."

And with that he pulled you into his chest as he laid back down. The sound of his heartbeat, steady and reassuring, filled your ears as you slowly drifted back to sleep.