Chapter 11.

*Anna's P.O.V.*

"So, I've been meaning to talk to you about something.." he said slowly, and I felt my heart beating so fast that I thought it was going to explode. "I've never gotten the time, but I'm glad that I can finally talk about it now." he continued. My head was filled with a thousand questions and I couldn't help but think, does he like me back?

"I was thinking about what my plans are after I finish high school, and since you're my bestfriend, I wanted to let you know." he said. I'm so stupid, like he just said, I'm his bestfriend, why would he tell me he likes me back?

"Alright." I said. "I talked to the school prinicpal, and they said that I could be in the same class as Georgie, because that seems a little more appropriate for my age." he said slowly. At that moment, I felt like my dreams were being crushed, and I think I was about to cry. I don't know why, but maybe because we were supposed to be in the same class, and now he's gonna be in the same class as Georgie.

"So, what you're saying is that you're gonna finish high school in a year and then head off to university?" I questioned, trying not to show any emotions. "Yes, I'll be going to Oxford. So is Georgie." he replied.

It's nice to see that he'd do anything for her, skip a year ahead, go to the same university as her, break the promises he made to me. But I know that he'd never do all that for me.

"Say something, Anna. Please.." he asked. "I don't know what to say, Harry," I replied dully. "You said, no, you promised that we'd go to the same university." "We can still do that if you go to Oxford too!" he suggested. "Are you freakin' kidding me, Harry? Going to Brown is my dream! You know how much my dreams mean to me." I exclaimed, trying so hard not to cry. "Yes, but you could save a year and go there after 3 years." he said trying to convince me. "What am I gonna get by saving a year, Harry? There's nothing in it for me! I've always dreamed of studying at Brown, I can't change that and study at Oxford, I'll never be happy." I said whilst I was on the verge of tears. I couldn't do this anymore. I quickly made my way out of the restaurant while Harry was looking down at his lap.

I decided to run home since I didn't have my car. Good thing I run fast. Faster than Harry, thankfully. I really don't want to see him or speak to him right now.

I ran for what seemed like hours before I finally reached home and ran upstairs without answering any of the questions that were being shot at me. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door behind me before collapsing onto the floor and crying my heart out.

I don't understand, why doesn't he care about me anymore? Am I not the same person anymore? What did I do to make him break the promise he made?

I was crying so much that I could hardly breathe. I don't know what I was thinking, but I quickly got up and rummaged through the cabinets, looking for something. I had no idea what exactly I was looking for, but at this point, I was scaring myself.

I finally found a pack of 10 new blades. I don't know who bought them, but I love whoever that is. I quickly opened it up and took off the wrapping paper around the blades. I've never been brave enough to cut myself before, I've been too horrified of the pain and the amount of blood you'd see, so I'd usually cry myself to sleep, or lock myself in my room and curse myself, but this time, I don't know what got into me, but I decided to slide the blade through my skin.

All those things that people said about the pain making them feel better is actually true. As I slowly ran the blade through my wrist, the pain did make me feel better. It's like all the worries in the world vanished suddenly, and I no longer cared about what Harry told me, or how Georgie's better than me and more important to him, and I sure as hell did not care about feeling fat.