Chapter 25.

*Third Person P.O.V.*

Harry was happy as ever in his little bubble with Georgie; a world whose inhabitants were only the 2 of them. But what they didn't realize, is that their world wasn't the same as the real world.

They were completely oblivious to the chaos surrounding their friends. Parts of them didn't care, because they had each other. But in actuality, the greater parts of them did care, they just didn't show it.

Could you blame them, though? They loved each other so much, anyone would reciprocate their very same actions if they loved another person with so much intensity and passion. But would they forget about the world in the process? Perhaps they would, but they shouldn't.

*~*

It's easier to forgive than forget, but for Anna, none of those seemed easy. She was torn between the two tedious tasks. If she chose to forgive, she'd have to live with nothing but regret for the rest of her life, she would have to keep her feelings buried deep down forever, and she'd probably never be able to love anybody ever again. But if she chose to forget, she'd have to live with the mind-numbing guilt for as long as her life would last, she'd spend every night crying over the same thing, and she wouldn't live; she'd merely exist.

The outcomes of either choices seemed similar. She didn't know what to do; she was lost, broken, and beyond repair. Not even Liam could fix her; he only saved her, there's nothing more that he can do. No matter how hard he tries, he just can't, because the one person who can save her, probably never will. Her superman - her saviour - sees the pain her eyes, but not the pain in her heart. He's willing to be superhuman for someone else, because he isn't her superman to begin with.

Yet, all she wishes for, is for him to see the pain in her heart, to save her; to be her superman. She doesn't show it anymore, though. She doesn't think about him or expect anything from him anymore, because she's starting to accept the fact that he'll never save her, never even in her wildest dreams. She still has a spark of hope inside her, nevertheless. It's not enough to turn into a flame that'll bring rise to expectations, but it's just there because no matter how much she denies it and doesn't think about it at all, deep down in her heart, she still loves him, and she always will. She covers it up with makeup, a lot of fake smiles, and her friends, but a part of her knows that no matter what she does, these things won't change it; all they'll do is help her keep it buried deep inside for no one but herself to find.

Her thoughts don't involve Harry anymore; that's the only thing keeping her happy and sane, besides Liam. But somehow, every night, she thinks about him, and she wonders what he must be feeling for Georgie, subconsciously wishing it was her that he felt that way about, because no matter how many times the Universe tells her that he isn't her superman, she still secretly wishes that he becomes superhuman just for her.

*Harry's P.O.V.*

I awoke to the sound of my alarm and smiled as memories of last night filled my head. I felt like the happiest guy alive whenever I was with Georgie. I loved her so much, and everything I did, it was totally worth it. There's nothing else in the world that I'd rather have.

 A weird feeling inhabited itself in the pit of my stomach as I rolled over in bed. Was there really nothing else that I'd want? I thought long and hard - for reasons I couldn't comprehend - and a memory whisked me away into the past.

~Flashback~

"Hey, Anna?" I whispered, turning to my side on the fluffy carpet. "Hmm?" she hummed, simultaneously shifting her gaze towards me. "What do you think the future's like?" I wondered out loud. "I think  the future's scary. Really scary." she replied. "Why is that?" I asked, looking into her eyes. "It's just - I feel like whatever I have now, will vanish in the future. I know that nothing lasts forever, but I don't like the idea of me not having the same friends, and not being young and carefree. Maybe things will be better then, but right now, I don't know, and that scares me." she replied, her gaze now fixed onto her lap.