Chapter 18.

*Anna's P.O.V.*

As we reached Harry's place and rung his doorbell, we were immediately greeted by a worried looking Harry, who directly looked at me before saying, "He's here."

I knew exactly what he meant.

Conor.

Before I could even say anything, he appeared beside Harry. Smirking at me, with his bright blue eyes searching my face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I angrily asked. "Hello to you too, darlin'." he said as his smirk grew bigger. "Answer me." I scoffed and demanded. "I thought I'd pay you a surprise, beautiful." he said, stepping closer to me. "Quite an unpleasant surprise." I scoffed again. "Now now, love. I know you've missed me." he said, standing inches away from me and staring into my eyes. "Go to hell." I spat. "How about you stop being so stubborn as always, and let me talk to you, alone." he said, eyeing Liam.

I turned around and faced a confused looking Liam. I shot him a sympathetic look as realization washed over me.

"C'mon mate, let's go inside." Harry said quietly. Liam silently followed Harry inside and left Conor and I alone.

"So, is the guy with the short hair your boyfriend now?" he asked, inching closer to me. "Why do you care?" I glared at him. "I've always cared." he said, touching my cheek with the back of his hand. "Bullshit," I spat, slapping his hand away. "Cut the crap and tell me why you're really here." I demanded. "If you insist," he put his hands up in defence. "I'm here because I'm back in town till I graduate. The good news is, I'm your new neighbour." he smirked at me as I stared at him in disbelief. "You can't be serious." I scoffed. "Oh, but I am." he chuckled evilly. "You sick bastard." I spat. "See you around, babe. Remember to close your curtains, I'll be watching." he chuckled and turned around to leave.

I sighed irritatibly, trying really hard not to cry. Just when things weren't that bad, he decides to show up and ruin things further.

~Flashback~

I lied on my bed, thinking about Conor.

After spending almost the whole day with him, it was hard to get him out of my mind. So I decided to call him.

"Hello?" his low husky voice sounded out of breath and uneven.

"Hey, Conor."

"Oh, hi! What's up?"

"I was just thinking about you."

"Oh? Me too!"

"That's nice, wh-"

"Babe, I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow, bye!"

That was odd. He quickly hung up before I even got a chance to say anything.

What if he was busy with something and I'd bothered him? God, I'm such an idiot.

Or what if he has someone else over? I mean, we're not really dating or anything, but we have a mutual liking for each other. Maybe I just need to stop over-thinking so much.

As I pushed those thoughts away, I received a text from someone.

I checked my phone to find one from Winnie.

From *WinnieThePooh* : Hey, have you spoken to Conor?

To *WinnieThePooh* : Yeah, he talked to me for like 30 seconds. He was being weird and sketchy.

From *WinnieThePooh* : I hate to tell you this, and I have no idea if it's true or not, but I'm your best friend, so I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you. Ashley just texted me that she's at Conor's place having lots of "fun". I'm really sorry, it might not even be true, don't over-react! But I just thought you should know, because I don't want you to find out in a worse way.