Chapter 20.

*Liam's P.O.V.*

Now that Conor's in town, I'm absolutely sure that Anna's having a hard time. I should probably check on her.

I pulled out my phone and started typing right away.

To *Annabear<3* : Hey, love. I need to talk to you.

In about 6 minutes, I got a reply from her.

From *Annabear<3* : Hi, Li. Sure, what's up?

I quickly typed my reply, not wasting any more time.

To *Annabear<3* : Log into Skype, now.

I didn't get a reply after that, but I got a notification that she'd logged into Skype.

"Hey, Anna." I said, trying to take in her appearance. She was probably hungover from that party she went to last night, but she still looked beautiful.

"Hi, Liam." she smiled weakly. "Look, I just wanted to see how you were doing." I started. "Oh, why?" she looked confused. "Well, I'm sure Conor's giving you a hard time, are you alright?" "Yes, he's an asshole. But I'm okay." she replied. "Have you touched the blade?" I asked, hoping she would say no. "No, Li. Check my wrists if you want." "Good, I believe you." "Okay," "Well, I'll let you go back to sleep, you look really tired." I said, feeling bad for possibly freaking her out. "Thanks, Li." she said, pulling her to one side. "Talk to you later, love." "Bye, Liam." "Bye, Anna." I said, before logging out.

*Anna's P.O.V.*

I was relieved and kind of disappointed at the same time. I don't even know why. But what bothered me the most, was that I lied to Liam.

I could never admit to him that I never stopped cutting. He'd tell the others, and probably get me to go to a doctor too.

Harry'd be so disappointed, Georgie would too, Winnie would be pissed at first, and then she'd try to help me. But I don't want help. Nobody will understand why. Maybe it's better this way; it's better off being my deep dark secret.

~Two days later~

I awoke to the sound of my suddenly annoying alarm, trying to remember the weird-ass dream that I just had. Failing miserably, I decided to wake up, dreading the day ahead of me.

As I got off of my bed, I started my usual "before school" routine. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, picked out clothes, had breakfast and grabbed all my books.

In about 45 minutes, I was ready and on my way to school. Thankfully, I was early, and for some reason I was eagar to meet Harry. I hadn't seen him since I had that one glance of him at the party the other night, and oddly enough, I missed him.

As I reached school, I saw Harry putting his books into his locker.

"Hi," I whispered, standing right beside him. "Oh, hi, Anna!" he chirped, poking his head out of his locker. "Georgie and I have almost the same classes together." he said excitedly as his eyes twinkled. I swear, I felt my heart ache as I realized that he probably didn't even care about me.

"That's cool," I said quietly, diverting my gaze to my shoes that suddenly looked more interesting. "What've you got first period?" he asked, looking at me. "English, praise the lord." I mumbled, mostly to myself.  "Anyway, I should get going, bye." I said quickly, before he got the chance to say anything.

I knew he wouldn't run after me or anything, but I still had the stupid little amount of hope that he would, and I don't even know why I hoped for so much. I quickly ran to the girls' washroom and locked myself in a stall. 15 minutes left till first period starts, perfect.