Chapter 4.

*Winnie's P.O.V.*

I don't know why, but I keep thinking about Harry and Georgie. Are they a thing and hiding it from us? Or are they pretending to be something they're not? Or is it just innocent but is making Anna jealous anyway? I can't help but notice, Anna hasn't liked a boy in a LONG time. It's been years, I guess. Either she's still not brave enough to trust someone with her heart, or she's just afraid she'll get hurt again. But it's safe to say that whatever's been going on between Harry and Georgie, is definitely making her jealous. I know that I tease her with Harry, but who knows if she really likes him or not? She tells me all the funny things Harry talks about, and all the stuff they do together, but she's never told me she liked Harry. I may be missinterpreting things and making fun of her, but what if she really likes Harry? That could be the reason behind her jealousy. Or she could just be jealous because she's his bestfriend and he always treats Georgie better. I mean, c'mon, you would be blind if you said Anna's just as important to Harry as Georgie is. Sometimes I feel like Harry's in love with Georgie. Because honestly, she's all he sees. He calls her everyday, he compliments her, and I bet he texts her good morning and good night too. Those are things couples do. All these obvious signs are there, and yet he calls Georgie his bestfriend. Little does he know that Anna's falling apart. He knows her weaknesses, and he still doesn't tell her the truth. I might be wrong about Harry and Georgie possibly being a couple, but there's one thing I'm not wrong about, they're keeping something from us. And I bet Anna knows that too, but maybe she's in denial, because's she's been broken before, and she's too scared to get hurt by a boy again. I guess in a way, we're all in denial, we just run away from the truth, thinking that it'll make things better. But we're wrong, it just makes things worse.

"Hey Winnie! What do you want for dinner tonight?" Anna called from down the stairs. "Oh, I don't know, I'll be down in a minute to help you decide." I replied. "Alright." she said simply. "Where's Georgie?" I asked while getting off the bed. "She's on the phone. With Harry." she whispered the last two words, but I heard her, and I could hear the sadness in her voice. Even if she didn't really like Harry and I was totally wrong about that, having her bestfriend chooing his other bestfriend over her  would definitely sting. She's been through that a million times before, and I would hate to see her go through all of that pain again. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about it.

"What's on your mind, Anna?" I asked as I padded down the stairs and into the kitchen.

*Anna's P.O.V.*

I started fiddling with the bottom of my loose shirt while thinking about how long Harry and Georgie have been talking for.

"What's on your mind, Anna?" I heard Winnie's voice ring through my ears as she entered the kitchen, instantly snapping me out of my thoughts. Sigh, if only I could tell her.

I just hope she wasn't looking at me from afar before entering the kitchen though. I don't want to complicate things by telling Winnie. I've never told anyone about my feelings for Harry because I always thought that telling someone about it would make it more real. And I guess I just don't want that to happen, even though I really want to be with Harry.

"Well, I don't think I want Chinese again, we had that last week, and not Italian because there's too much cheese involved there, I really need to watch what I'm eating. So, I think I'm just gonna heat a can of soup. What about you?" I asked looking at her face, hoping she didn't want to know what really was on my mind. "I think I'll just have the leftovers from lunch, I don't want to waste that. What about Georgie?" Winnie inquired. "I don't know, we'll let her decide after she's done talking to Harry." I replied as blankly as I could, trying not to let any emotions out.

I grabbed a can of sweet corn soup and emptied it into a pan and started stirring it around while Winnie popped the leftovers from lunch into the microwave and waited for it to heat up.