Chapter 1

Pythagoras' theorem - a² + b² = c²

Ughhhhhhhhhh.....

Math is so boring. I don't understand how these formulas help us build "our future" but I have to finish this homework otherwise Mr. Kenly will fail me. AGAIN!!

"Yo! What up" This came from my friend Silas. While pulling one of my hair strands

His sole purpose in life is to annoy everyone around him. That's his way of showing love. This is the reason he annoys Kaiden the most-another one of my friends.

"Ow! you jerk!" I said rubbing the sore area.

"What doing?"

"It won't kill you to speak a whole sentence in proper English occasionally. And to answer your previous question Homework"

"At Lunchtime!?!?" His eyes widen in shock

I sigh "Have to, It's Mr. Kenly's homework. Don't want to fail, even if I hate it" I say angrily thumping my books on the desk. Si snickers and plant his dumb ass on the desk. Not on the bench but on the desk, and he knows I'm not too fond of it.

See! Annoying!

"Do you have anything better to do other than disturb me" I get back to doing my homework. Sorry, try to.

"And to steal your food," He says while stealing my fries " Waiting for Beau and Kaiden, They had Hockey practice"

"Why did you leave Hockey by the way?"

"Wasn't feeling it" he shrugged

There are issues, more like mood swings which happen all the time with Silas. He does what feels like, doesn't feel guilty ever. I mean I have never seen this guy ever regret anything. Sometimes I wish I had this quality in me.

And speaking of the devil or more like devils, We see both of them making their way towards us, with their damp hair.

What's with boys and never drying their hair?

"Yo! fucker!" This is a usual Si greeting so no one minds not us and not the people around us. The guys nodded their heads in greeting

"What took you both so long?' Silas questioned stealing the last of my fries

"Practice ran longer than we thought" Kaiden responded

Now Kaiden is someone I can ask to help me with Math, but Not that he will. He is always busy with something. This guy has a schedule set for everything, even on Sundays. Which high schooler has schedules like a grown man, right? Kaiden has planned his life goals, college goals, and everything from a young age and he follows them regularly. Sometimes I feel he is uptight and should let lose a little.

"You didn't leave any fries for me?" Beau says frowning at my plate

Beau is the sweetest and kindest guy you have ever met. I can talk to him about anything and he won't ever judge me. He is the kind of a guy who can never make you feel like an outsider even if you are one.

"Blame him, even I didn't get my own fries" I point towards Silas.

"Before you start with your bickering, I'm gonna go," Kaiden said.

Sitting on the bench like the sweet guy he is unlike Si, Beau says "We just got here, dude"

"I have a study thing with Hendricks" Kaiden nodded toward the other side of the canteen where Mason Hendricks was sitting

Ahhh....! Mason Hendricks!

Chocolaty brown eyes Mason, soft browned haired which he keeps short nowadays Mason, hot and sexy Mason!

We all met in kindergarten, Me, Silas, Kaiden, Beau, and Mason. We all became fast friends which led to friendship between our parents. I don't know what happened but after Middle School Mason stopped talking and hanging out with us.

Oh! Sorry! Correction!

With me. He stopped talking and hanging out with me. his loss. But it's not like I haven't noticed how good-looking he got in high school. Still, he should rot in hell for all I care

As an instinct, I started to turn towards his direction and was caught in the depth of his brown eyes.

Oh My God!

Here comes the butterflies!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------