Epilogue

"Come on, we have to!" I urge

"Nope," Mason replies firmly.

"Mason, it's your birthday!"

"Yeah, that's exactly why I want to spend it with you and no one else," he says, sealing his words with a kiss.

We're at school, sneaking away to make out, or maybe more. We do this a lot, not just today. We indulge in all the cringy-couple stuff because, with him, I don't care if it's overly mushy. I love it! We hold hands all the time, we kiss all the time. The only people who have a problem with us are the guys; they say we're joined at the hip and it's sickening. I love that too! Another person happy with us is my mom. She's more than happy to know that I was not at all interested in Silas. She loves Mason more than me, that's for sure. He's invited to dinner now and then by my mom. It's like she's on cloud nine when she got to know that we are together.

One thing that hasn't changed between us, and I hope it never does, is our bickering, which we're doing right now in the middle of our makeout session.

"They are planning a beautiful party for you, so don't be an asshole, Mason," I chide.

He groans. "But baby!... I have to talk to everyone at the party." He widens his eyes in horror.

"What if..." I trail my hands on the buttons of his pants and whisper seductively, "What if I make it worth your while?" I kiss the corner of his mouth.

"And how exactly are you going to do that ?" He says against my mouth.

I get down on my knees and answer him with my eyes while opening his fly  

"Oh Fuck!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about red balloons?" Silas looks up from his phone at Mason.

"It's not fucking Valentine's, no." Mason eats his fries without changing his expression.

"Okay..." Silas looks back at his phone for more ideas.

We're all sitting around our usual table at lunch. Mason and I are beside each other, his arm around my waist, feeding himself with the other. Silas is sitting across, asking all sorts of party planning questions that Mason is refusing to entertain.

"What about 'The Stash'?" Silas looks at Mason innocently, and I know he's fucking with him.

"Stash? Like a birthday stash?" Mason asks warily.

"Yeah."

"Fuck no!" Mason bites out. Kaiden and I exchange looks, and he rolls his eyes at their antics while I try to stifle my laugh.

Beau joins our table. "So, everybody's invited. It's going to be the party of the year!" He shakes Mason by the shoulders and sits beside him.

"Everybody? Come on, man, I thought it was going to be a small gathering," Mason hides his face in my shoulder.

"You can always ditch it," Ivy says, sitting beside Silas, who was busy with her book until now.

"It's his party, Cupid. He can't ditch it," Beau flashes his unbelievably white teeth at Ivy, who just stares at him, or more like glares. She then picks up her books and leaves without a word. It's weird; even in Ivy's world, she's never this rude to anyone. But I've seen them together; she's always rude towards Beau, and Beau is all smiles and charm with her, even more so. Maybe there's more there.

I massage the back of Mason's neck and whisper, "Maybe we'll just mingle for a few minutes, and then we can have our own party elsewhere, hmm?"

He lifts his face from my shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too." Then we kiss, not giving a shit where we are.

"Jesus, they're at it with each other's faces again."

And I love this too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------