Chapter 17

As we get closer to the table, I notice more of him, his navy blue tux fitting perfectly to his body

As we get closer to the table, I notice more of him, his navy blue tux fitting perfectly to his body. I've never noticed Mason's chiseled body; he never flexes it unlike the one beside me, but maybe being a hockey player there is a default in every player for a perfect physique. My gawking session ends when Beau turns towards us.

"Si! I thought you were Noa with you, not a beautiful date," Beau openly checks me out.

I narrow my eyes toward him. "Stop being an asshole. I can be pretty too."

He dramatically widens his eyes. "And she sounds just like her!." Both of them laugh, trying to rile me up.

Beau, being his gentlemanly self, sobers and hugs me. "You do look beautiful, Noa."

Suddenly, my cheeks warm up. "Thank you." I turn toward Mason. "You weren't going to come. What happened?"

"I thought it's better to come and not enjoy it than to regret not coming. At least now I know it's not worth the fuss." He moves a chair from the table and sits on the other chair. Then I realized he moved the chair for me... huh.

We all settle down. "Movies, nothing else, just hype these things up," Beau says bitterly.

"Just because you got dumped recently doesn't make everything bad!" I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh fuck you, I dumped her!" he starts to glower.

"Yeah, sure, man," Silas pats Beau's shoulder.

"But it's nice to see a change, you without a date and Kaiden with! I've always seen you with someone, Beau, even in middle school," I exclaim.

"The more shocking thing is Kaiden with one, and to that, with a cheerleader," Beau turns his seat to check Kaiden and his date.

"It's not surprising; cheerleaders are bendy," Silas comments.

"Gross, dude!" I slap Silas's shoulder, and they all laugh, well, just Silas and Beau, not Mason. He smiles like he agrees but doesn't want to?

"Come on, let's dance, babe. We are on a date," Silas says in an overly sweet, sarcastic way, grabs my hand, and takes me to the dance floor. I notice the darkened gaze of Mason, which will be on my mind for eternity, I'm sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh My God! Did you see Kaiden with Isabelle?"

"Yeah, I didn't know they were dating!"

"I know, right? At least Beau is single now. He dumped that bitch. She was just such a drama queen, whining and moping after him."

"Oh my gosh, seriously?"

"Yup, but did you see Silas in that tux? Oh my god, he was just making me melt right there."

"Yes, but he is always with Noa! I don't know what he sees in her..."

I stop hearing their voices as they exit the restroom. I'm sitting inside the washroom where I hear the most gossip going around the school, and also get the last part about my name a lot. So... nothing new. After finishing my business, I wash my hands and head back to the lobby, where I come across Mason leaning on the wall with a somber expression on his face.

"Hey, everything okay?" I ask. He jerks and looks at me like he didn't notice me.

"Yeah, all good, just had a call from home."

"Oh! Should we get back to the party?" I gesture towards the lobby.

"Um... yeah, yeah." He's acting weird, but we both start to walk towards the party, then he stops.

"I didn't know you guys were together."

"Who?" I stop in my tracks, looking at him in confusion, and he gives me a nasty look.

"You don't have to pretend to be oblivious - you and Silas." I start to laugh at his statement.

"We are not dating."

"Are you sure?"

"I think I would know who I'm dating."

He shakes his head. "Fine." He starts to head towards the party, not believing me.

I grab his arm. "You seriously don't believe what I'm saying?"

"I believe what I see."

Without giving any thought to my actions, I lean over and peck Mason on the mouth. on the mouth!

"Now do you believe what you see?" I ask him. But he's standing there, frozen and shocked. Suddenly, he's on me, his hands on my cheek and neck, kissing me. Really kissing me.

 He sucks my lower lip into his, which makes me gasp. Then his tongue is in my mouth, stroking mine, and oh my god!... I can't really think straight because my tongue is in his mouth.

Suddenly, Mason jerks away from me. "Fuck!" he exclaims, raking his hand over his hair. "Fuck, I'm sorry." He walks away without even looking at me, while I'm left standing there, still thinking about the kiss.

Oh my god!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------