Chapter 2

Hockey has always given me a rush that I can never explain

Hockey has always given me a rush that I can never explain. It makes me feel alive and everything. I was five when I held the hockey stick for the first time and scored my first goal. Though that goal was a fluke and my grandpa celebrated like I had won the Stanley Cup, it was the happiest moment of my life. And I knew then that hockey is my destiny. It has been the only thing constant in my life.

From a young age, I've known that nothing is permanent, things are meant to change, That's life but the changes in my life are not always good. No, changes in my life have always taken a bad turn. My Grandpa's death, Mom and Dad's divorce, and My little brother's birth, Which should be a good thing but it was not for me.

Keeping all these thoughts aside I focused on the puck ahead of me, just as the coach blew the whistle indicating the practice to be over. We all make our way towards the locker rooms to freshen up.

"Hendricks!" Coach calls.

I make my way towards him "Yes coach."

"Have you made up your mind about what you are going to do after school?" I have I know what I want to do- to play in the Pros- but a minor issue, that my parents won't let me-no no- my dad won't let me. He thinks sports are not the best career. As for my mom, she doesn't give a shit about me or my brother. But the coach doesn't need to know that.

"Not yet, coach."

"You have to decide, kid. You are one of the best players I have had and they are interested in drafting you." Hearing this I want to yell at him 'YES I AM INTERESTED' but I can't.

"I'll let you know soon, coach."

He nods and I make my way towards the shower and think what the coach said over and over. After showering I head towards the school canteen for lunch. The halls are filled with students messing around, talking, and laughing. The canteen is more chaotic than the halls, there is noise everywhere. I fill up my tray with food and sit at my usual seat. I have always eaten alone, sometimes people are sitting beside me but we never talk.

I wasn't always like this, I had a group of friends who were very close but started to drift apart. I still talk to them sometimes and that is it. Kaiden is the most I talk to, and as we decided to meet today for studies I see him making his way towards me. I nod my head in greeting.

My eye connects to the green-blue color of her eyes, They have always been like that as long as I can remember. You can never tell whether her eyes are blue or green. they are just as fascinating and irritating as her. always trying to dominate her thoughts in my mind. Her cherry-red hair hidden away in the baseball cap

Noa.........

I have always been a cautious kid but it was her and Silas making us do reckless things for fun. This was fun until it wasn't. As I said things changed and drastically things had changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------