Chapter 26

As soon as the bell rings, we all rush out of class

As soon as the bell rings, we all rush out of class. I get to my locker, put all of my books away, and grab my lunchbox. Today, I'm having lunch with Ivy. We hadn't met for some time; we had planned a girls' night on Saturday, but that didn't go as planned.

I get to the last bench by the tree where she's already sitting with her head buried in a book, as always.

"So, what's this book about?" I sit on the opposite bench.

She looks up from her book. "So, you are alive? I thought someone had kidnapped you and texted me 'not today'."

"Oh, come on, Ivy, don't be mad. We'll have a girls' night this weekend!" I open my lunchbox and offer her my sandwich.

She takes a piece aggressively. "I'm not mad because you canceled it, and by the way, the text just had two words with a typo, 'non tabay.' That was your text," she shows me our chats.

"No," I take a closer look at the texts. "Oh my god, I was in a hurry. Sorry," I look at her with guilty eyes.

"See! This is what I'm talking about. You give like a two-hour report on what you did at your boring skating lesson—" I gasp, "—and I don't get even a two-minute report on how your weekend was with Mason!"

"I didn't realize that you were so interested in my love life," I say, sulking, feeling slightly offended by what she said.

"The real question is, is that really your love life?" she says suddenly in a very serious tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that he never really—" she stops what she's saying. "Never mind. How was your weekend?"

My whole body starts to warm at the reminder of what we did. So many times, and it was amazing. I heard that it hurts or it's not so enjoyable initially, but even though it did hurt, it was amazing. "It was... something!" My face must be all red now.

"Something?!? That's what you're saying? Oh, come on, I can tell from your face—you guys had sex!" I look around us. "Ivy!" I whisper loudly. "Now tell me how it was!" Yes, Ivy seems all shy and calm when you first meet her. I thought so too. But let me tell you, once you know, you won't think of 'shy' and 'Ivy' in the same sentence again. She knows things we don't normally think about, and that girl is a hellion. Her brain works at 100 miles per hour about things that won't even happen!

"It was amazing," I sigh in bliss. "He's so attentive and... definitely a giver, yup!"

Ivy smiles with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "So, you guys are 'together' together now?"

"We are... sort of." I hesitate.

"Sort of?" She raises her eyebrows in slight judgment.

"I don't know, alright? We haven't had that talk yet," I say in frustration.

"You guys had sex before having the talk?" Ivy asks in a bland tone with a blank face that says something about me.

"No, alright? All the things happened so fast, we just... I didn't want to ruin things with the talk," I buried my face in my hands, trying to hide my embarrassment.

Ivy takes my hand in hers. "One of the things I learned from the books is to have the talk; otherwise, things always tend to  end up bad."

So, I guess we are going to talk about us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------