Chapter 22

As soon as I open the front door, he is on me, attacking me like an animal

As soon as I open the front door, he is on me, attacking me like an animal. His hands are on my hips, pulling me towards him and kissing me with the same urgency he always has. He kicks the door with his foot, turns us around, and slams me against the door.

I break the kiss to speak to him, but he continues kissing me down my neck, distracting me. "What if it's my mom opening the door?"

He looks at me and pecks me on the lips. "Then I would have attacked her." Again, he continues to kiss me everywhere he can—on the cheek, chin, throat... oh Lord, on the throat.

"And... what if my mom was here and she saw us like this, huh?" I ask, kissing his chin.

He stops kissing, creating a small distance between us, and looks at me somberly. "Then I'll tell her, 'I'm so sorry, Mrs. Scott, but I'm about to devour your daughter.'" And the next thing I know, he is picking me up and hoisting me over his shoulder, taking me towards my room.

I squeal, "Mason!" I slam my hands down on his back, but he walks unbothered and throws me on the bed like a sack of potatoes, and then he's on me again, kissing me like crazy.

Mason's kisses consume me like nothing else. When he kisses me like this, I feel like I'm the only one that matters. I feel everything and nothing at once. His toe-curling, mind-numbing kiss makes me forget about everything!! And I know... I just know this time it's going to end in heartbreak I won't be able to handle.

But I forget about everything as he removes his shirt, revealing all his sculpted muscles, thanks to hockey.

"You're not supposed to think so much when I'm kissing you," Mason yanks my shirt above my head as fast as he can.

"I am not." I move my hands all over his chest, trying to mesmerize him.

"Baby, I see the wheels turning in your head, but..." He bites a particular sweet spot on my neck. "...I know how to shut your mind up." He kisses me down my neck, on my chest, biting my nipples through my bra, on my stomach. Suddenly, Mason stops, his brow furrowing in question.

"Babe, are you sure no one's at home, right?" He looks at me.

"Yeah, Mom is with Dad this weekend. She won't be back before Monday." I try to kiss him, but he moves a little back.

"Noa, I'm pretty sure I hear someone downstairs." He raises his brows in exasperation.

I flip him below, straddling his hips. "And I'm pretty sure it's your stupid fucking conscience. Now shut up and let me kiss you."

As he smiles through the kisses, I start to descend down his neck, biting his hot, sexy Adam's apple... Suddenly, we hear my bedroom door slam open, and Silas, Beau, and Kaiden are all blocking the entrance, catching us on the bed. Naked. Well.. we're nearly naked. But it looks bad, me in my bra and shorts and Mason only in his jeans, with me straddling him.

"Get your ass moving, No--" Silas stops, literally freezing, looking at us with wide eyes.

"Oh my god!" Beau mutters in shock. Kaiden is quick to compose himself and pulls Silas out of the room, slamming the door. From the other side, I hear his shout, "DOWNSTAIRS!NOA! FIVE MINUTES!"

Mason and I are still looking at the door in shock, then we look at each other, and suddenly we're out of bed, trying to right ourselves and put on our clothes.

"I told you someone was downstairs--"

"Yes, but I had no idea they were com--"

"How did they get in?" Mason finishes putting on his shirt, putting his hands on his hips.

"A key," I quickly put on my shirt, avoiding connecting my eyes to his.

"A key?!" He repeats in a conceding tone.

"Yes, now you stay here, and I'll deal with them--"

"No! Noa--"

"No, Mason, let me deal with them. It's better this way," he reluctantly agrees.

Going downstairs, the first thing I see is Silas still frozen, sitting on the couch in shock. Kaiden is making a hole in the carpet with his pacing, and Beau is apparently over the shock, raiding my kitchen.

I go sit on the armchair. "Okay, give it to me."

"I almost saw you naked," Silas mutters, putting his hands around his eyes and face in dramatics.

"That's why you knock, dumbass, to not see me naked!"

"Are you guys together now?" Kaiden asks, done with his pacing.

"We are... something," I answer warily because I don't know the answer to that question myself.

"What do you mean something?"

"It's something, Kaiden. Let me figure it out on my own."

Beau comes out of the kitchen with a pack of chips in his hands, eating like he has no care in the world.

"How can you eat when we see something so traumatizing!" Silas exclaims, looking at him.

"Yeah, it was traumatizing, but we all saw this coming. It's Noa and Mason, guys. They always had something special even when we were little," Beau says this so easily like it's not complicated at all, but then he looks up at me all serious. "But be careful, Noa. This is dangerous territory."

Oh, Beau... I'm way beyond careful at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------