Confrontational

-----

Monday, a day to be feared for young teens. School was starting back up today, and the stress was on.

The school sports festival was coming around the corner, and you hadn't prepared one bit. Mentally or physically. Your plan was to get yourself out in the first round.

-----

You grabbed your crutches and headed out the door, bag securely strapped to your back. Slowly, you made your was down the stairs, clinging onto the railing for dear life. 

Your elderly neighbor passed you down the stairs at a blinding speed. Well maybe not blinding but much faster than you, which was saying a lot.

It was the same neighbor you'd brought to bingo. "(y/n) dear, are you sure you should be going to school in that condition? Maybe you should stay home and rest," she said, quite concerned. "Where's that sweet young man of yours? He should really be helping you out," she said, becoming even more concerned by the second.

"Don't worry Mrs. Chalmette," you said with a smile, taking a pause halfway down the flight. "He's on his way." you reassured her, and she gave a sigh of relief, bidding you goodbye and heading on her way to the bus stop to meet her son. "Chivalry is dead," you muttered to yourself, finally making it onto flat ground, and then crutching down the street. 

After what you could have assumed was an eternity, you made it to Katsuki's house. Rather you passed by it, but at an incredibly slow speed that one would have guessed you were taking your time. 

In that long time, Katsuki leisurely made his way out of his home, a pleasant look on his face. Like he was ready to make the day his own. Katsuki's slight smile turned to a dark grimace as he looked at you. The bright, vivid colors on his face bled into a haunting palette of despair. Could you really evoke emotions like that in a person? Apparently so. 

The air once filled with optimism now hung with a heavy weight as Katsuki's expectations for a peaceful walked shattered. What once was a lively morning turned into a nightmarish revelation for him, casting a grim shadow over the remainder of the walk. 

Joining you on the street, Katsuki walked by your side. As he accepted his fate, a gray hue cast over the scene. Sure, he didn't have to walk with you, but his hero mindset seemed to hold him down reluctantly. 

That didn't mean he'd be happy about it. From the once angry boy, emerged a deadpan figure, staring at the road ahead with an unyielding fluoride gaze, mirroring the cold essence of an abandoned soul. The silence spoke louder than words ever could as the world around the two of your seemed to succumb to the monotony of existence. 

You didn't think he hated your presence THAT much, especially after the positive mood he was in the night before. I mean, if Mrs. Chalmette saw something in him you had to believe her. At least he hadn't run away, that was as start. Not that he was your favorite person either, but come on, your presence wasn't that bad. 

Still, he stuck to his mind, and walked with you the rest of the way to school, separating from you the second you walked into the schools' gates.

-----

"Who knows what would've happened if the pro's hadn't shown up," Sero stated. You tried to stay out the conversation considering you were embarrassed about getting completely bodied by a bird.