𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

I was awakened by several buzzes coming from my phone. I reached for my phone and looked at what was going on. It's 12 am.

I was getting tagged in a bunch of posts and Zaniyah was blowing up my phone.

"Coco really name-dropped Adonis?"
"Coco's diss track ATE"
"How will Adonis come back from this?"

I was perplexed by the tweets and scrolled through the app of Twitter in hopes of looking for an answer. I stopped across a snippet of a song made by Coco. I clicked on it and listened to it closely.

It was her singing about .. me?

I gently moved out of my cuddling positions with  Javon and sat up—careful not to wake him.

I continued scrolling and looked at some lyrics she'd written about me. Essentially calling me a home wrecker, a fake friend, and a disillusioned figure in the industry.

She had me fucked up. This bitch actually name-dropped me in a song she didn't even write fully.

I got up from my bed and replaced myself in Javon's arms with a pillow so he wouldn't wake up.

I grabbed my black bag with all the supplies I take to the studio including my piano and walked out of the room, quietly.

I discreetly walked downstairs and grabbed my keys. I walked out of the house as quietly as possible and made it to my car. I got in and threw my bag in the back and started the vehicle.

Before I drove, I connected my car to my phone's Bluetooth and played the song Coco had deviously dedicated to me.

I was beyond pissed. As the song went on that emotion grew more and more powerful.

So powerful that I would act irrationally.

I listened to the song as I started driving to my studio. The lyrics, the production, and the emotion in each word she sang. She meant every last word.

I gripped the wheel in anger and started seeing red as the dreading cacophony of a song continued.

She name-dropped me. Like actually.

I picked up my phone and called my manager who I knew would be awake because his headquarters don't close til like 3.

"wassup Adonis?" His deep voice asked from the other side.

"I'm releasing the deluxe version of the album tonight. I'll have it to you this morning." I told him directly.

"A-are you sure? I mean that's pretty b—"

"I'm positive," I said with hints of anger in my voice.

"okay, get it to me and I'll release it." He said unsure of my decision. I hung up and drove faster before pulling into the studio.

I got out of my car and grabbed my bag from the backseat. I walked into the studio and headed to my booth room. I turned the lights on and wasted no time walking to the desk where I normally write.

I looked at the notebook where I wrote the diss track I had planned for Coco. It wasn't good enough, hers is aggressive and mine is "nicer" for a diss track at least. I ripped the paper out and crumbled it out.

I checked the time before writing and saw it was 12:23 am. I was tired but I didn't care, I couldn't let her disrespect me like this.

I started writing but stopped immediately—I needed some type of inspiration. I've never actually written a diss track before.

I tapped my pen on the paper and dropped it. I opened my laptop and searched "Popular Diss Tracks" desperate for some type of idea.

I scrolled on the page for a good 5 minutes before my eyes came across a familiar song.