1:03:20-39

1:03:20

«Snapshot city looking down on its pray.
Danny sharpening his knife with a leather belt.
A redheaded nurse walking up the colonnade.
- Images of people close to me comes through, blended with imprints of their emotions, says George, our child narrator. - We are two of a kind, Samantha and I, he adds.
The company's crest chiselled on the lobby wall: A Time for everyone - moment by moment.»

1:03:21

1:03:21

«- I was thinking of sending Sophie over, Danny says. - She spends all her time gaining weight, in stead of letting spirit have a chance to work in front of a screen, and become a piece in the puzzle as the rest of us.
Stephen looks at his own, intense green eyes in the barber shop mirror. Not bad, he thinks. I'm still a good looking, aristocratically built man at the peak of my strength. I am the kind of man I trust.»

1:03:22

1:03:22

«Samantha enters, nods to the security officer, who smiles back an let her through.
- I see the turning points of her life played over and over again, her own image disappearing under the ice. Her fingertips bleeding as she vanishes, and her last thought is always this: What if I am the one drowning, and the woman on the other side is the surviving one, fading away beyond mind and matter.»

1:03:23

1:03:23

«- But I never understood fully why I had to feel and experience the agonies of that old man, George mutter from behind the veil on which his mental images are projected.
A father hitting his son, a man in uniform marrying, a daughter taken care of by a nanny, the wife making love to a younger man, the young man working late in his laboratory, and the same man giving away a baby at the orphanage, then handing out orders to men in red.
There is commotion, riots, black smoke from burning rubber.
Still the aging Commander seem to have kept a layer of soft kindness and sensitivity underneath the hardened surface of his face.»