Boarding (chapter 7)

A/n- short chapter from the peotic rizzler , enjoy as I try to find motivation and spark to write again , also sorry if its shitty and not as detailed , like I said I'm trying to find motivation again but pardon me 🫠

You had finally finished your bagel and same with Simon but with his coffee and you both had gotten it your tickets as you stood up hearing the public announcements for your plane ride and for anyone going to gate B as the plane was getting ready to take off.
"Ready to go see the family?"
Simon smirked as he pulled down his mask that had been rolled up halfway when he was drinking his coffee and he placed his hand onto your shoulder and you nodded.
"It's been so long of course I'm going to want to see them."
You spoke as you an other people started to go to the front of where you all would scan your tickets and enter the passage to board the plan but as you and Simon stood close and went to the front to scan your tickets you were stopped.
"You need a mask."
The lady who had been scanning the tickets looked your way and your eyes narrowed.

"Why were just boarding a plane?"
You protested.
"No mask no entry."
She spoke again and you glared at her while Simon stared her down and stepped in front of you.
"And whys that?"
His tone was low and intimidating as he looked at the lady's and the lady's eyes slightly widened.
"Sir...it is policy. There has been an outbreak lately of the virus...."
She said as she handed you a bright blue medical mask that you took with an annoyed look as you put it on.
"There I fucking put it on now let me on this damn plane before I do some shit."
You glared and people around you started looking at you but you didn't care about what they thought , all you wanted to do was see your family.

The lady hesitantly yet quickly scanned your ticket and Simon's and they let you into the walkway to board the plane. As you boarded the plane you looked and you saw someone fmolitar looking to graves and you felt yourself freeze up and you double taked again trying to get a good look but you couldn't quite see the man's face as it was covered but the eyes and hair were so fimiliar that it was leaving you with so many thoughts. Ghost noticed you freeze up and he gave you a little push and you looked up at him as you were broken from your thoughts. He knew something was wrong but didn't decided to question it yet.

"C,mom kid we gotta board."
He muttered as he kept moving and you gave a small nod as you greeted one of the flight attendants that were at the front of the plain before excusing yourself past people and into your seat. Ghost made sure that he had gotten you the window seat , the window seat was your favorite seat and he knew that you'd enjoy it. He watched as you fiddled with your hands as you sat down and buckled yourself in , you had many nervous habits and he knew all of them one by one but this was different , he's never seen you freeze up like that in a very long time. He watched as you placed your backpack that you had brought with you on your lap and he did the same with his and you looked out the window seeing the bright blue sky before you.

Most people on board looked at ghosts hulking figures and they turned their gazes away and let themselves. It wasn't everyday they'd see a large muscular masked man wearing a skull mask but one with that gave off the presence of intimidation. Ghost kept to himself as he saw people avoid his face and just completely tried ignoring his intimidating self. He found it pleasing as he knew most wouldn't bother him or you and he had a small smirk plastered under his balaclava.

You looked around feeling uneasy and now more anxious as you felt your thoughts run. All of the sudden your hearing went muffled and your breath slowed , almost stopping as you stared for a moment. It wasn't a grave was it ?. You couldn't shake your mind off it since you didn't know if it was him or not. There was no way ? He was in prison right?. You just couldn't shake the feeling until you were broken from your thoughts from a familiar husky and deep British voice.
"Y/n are you alright ? Kid ?"
Ghost time held a sort of concern in it as he looked you over , seeing that your hands were slightly shaky and your stare longing and dead.

He's seen you in many states but not this. He kept looking you over and you felt yourself pull back to reality as you looked at him and your senses were normal now and your sense of hearing was very clear. You let off a small exhale and you gave a small nervous smile.
"Yeah uh..i'm fine okay? Don't worry-"
"The hell do you mean ? You froze up like a deer in headlights, you're not fine."
Ghost cut you off quickly as he didn't sound amused by your response as you brushed it off , he didn't want to pressure the issue but he was genuinely concerned. He was protective over you and after all you've been through he didn't want to see you in fear or any sort of discomfort or distress even if you were maturing and growing up.

"It's nothing okay ? I'll be fine."
You said a little more firmly hoping he'd back off in which to your surprise he did. There was no doubt that he had been still thinking about those moments and wondering what was going through your head but he didn't press and longer as he stood quiet and listened to the pilot spoke on the speaker introducing himself and going through the normal information of the do's and don'ts of being on the plane as well as eviction proceedings and other things you'd normally get informed on before a flight.

The announcements are brief but cover the basics such as the location of emergency exits, how to operate your safety belt, and the importance of keeping your seatbelt fastened at all times during the flight. As they complete their announcements, the flight attendants move down the aisle checking each passenger's seat belt and making sure they are properly fastened as They also make sure that your carry-on bag is securely stowed under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin as informed and such.

Once everyone is seated and secured, the flight attendants close and secure the cabin doors and then they will take their seats and fasten their own seat belts. At this point you notice the flight crew taking their own safety precautions such as ensuring that all required safety checks and procedures have been completed.
"And make sure you all keep your masks on until the flight is over."
Was the last thing said and you looked at ghost seeing him roll his eyes and huff.
"It's bullshit , it was never mandatory issued."
Ghost muttered as he heard the flight attendants words and he looked at you and the blue medical mask you wore. He knew that the virus was on the rise but he didn't want to admit it. He knew he could keep you safe but for how long?.

For the plague rose like falling ash for more souls would be at a horring path.