Better ends (chapter 30 , final)

Your whole world stopped for a moment.

You couldn't believe it.

You felt like you wanted to cry. Throw up. You wanted to hope this was real. You prayed that this was real. That it was him. That it was price that was there and that it wasn't just your desperate thoughts eating at you , that it wasn't your guilt that it wasn't just your mind playing tricks on you. You wanted to call out , to run to him but you stood frozen now in place. You stood there remembering ghost , remembering soap , remembering those who you lose close to you.
As you stood there frozen, your mind began to race with memories of the past. You thought about Ghost and Soap, and all the others you had lost along the way. You wondered if that was what was driving your desperate hope, your desperate longing to see Price again But then you heard a familiar voice.
"Y/n?...."
You blinked and saw Price standing there, a look of shock as he turned and looked at you , his gaze soft , a far cry from the hardened look he always had.You felt a rush of emotions hit you at once and you couldn't help but try and hold the breakdown you were about to have.

Graves stood there , knowing he'd done what he did. He did what he knew he had to do. He got you to where you needed to be. He felt to scrap the thought of fixing his relationship with you because he knew it was already done and somewhat repaired. He was content that he had brought you back to the people you needed most in your life and he was content with the fact he could do something right for once. You felt the tears well in your eyes as all your emotions started to spill over as you saw price walk over , he wore his beige cargos , slightly dirty as he also wore a black shirt as well as having some of his tactical gear on him.

He slowly walked over to you seeing you in your slowly broken state and he quickly picked up the pace as he got closer and he wrapped his arms around you tightly , you not waiting any longer as you dropped your rifle and buried your face in his neck holding him close as you let all your pent up emotions go. He felt you go limp in his arms as you began to sob, your body slowly making its way to the ground as he knelt down with you in his arms. Tears running down your face onto his shirt making it slightly damp. After losing so much in your life you were at peace you finally found someone close to you. That you didn't lose.
"I'm here , we're here alright we ain't going no where."
Price tried soothing you as he rubbed your back gently. After a moment you calmed down He gently pulling away and wiped away some of your tears and he gave you a soft smile.
"Your with us now. Gaz is here too.."
He looked at you and you sniffled a bit.
"Fucking ghosts dead. he died at the airport and I thought you and the others were dead"
You rambled and price cursed under his breathe as he heard your words. He knew ghost would've told you to keep going and he knew ghost died protecting you , it was in his nature. Price gebtly spoke to you talking about how he was with you know and that everything is okay and such while Graves stood currently away letting you and price share a moment. Price looked over at graves and as much as price had a grudge against him he knew he did the right thing at the end of the day.
"Thank you."
Price spoke firmly to him and graves gave a quiet nod.

You were safe now.

For once in your life you were finally safe.

*************

Months go by and you stood living in the village with graves and price as well as Gaz. You stood sitting on a ledge , looking off into the woods as you held a note you had written to Try and get your mind off things. The ground beneath you was damp and cold , the wind blowing slightly as the leaves and trees rustled within the wind. The fimilar earthy smell you've grown to love.
You sat looking at the note you had written an you sighed as you read it off in your head , a guilty yet accepting look plastered along your face as you had ghosts dog tags in hand as well as soaps.

'I know your gone and I know I can never get you both back , I did what you told me too at the end of the day I made it. I'm safe but nothing feels the same. I miss you both , miss the laughter ; the jokes and shared tears , the comfort and the joy. I know you both are in a better place yet I wish I could've joined you yet its not my time sadly. Each passing day I wish you were here with me but I know your here with me in a way. I know you're somewhere out there together , hopefully spending the time together that in the present life you couldn't. I hope you both are somewhere out there being the best versions of yourself and I hope that one day I'll meet you again.'

For now the flame you held up to the paper as you slowly lit it , causing the letter to burn to ash, some of the fire causing the paper to quickly flake away as prices of it were carried within the wind into the forest. You sighed watching as the paper was now nothing but one with the world.

"I'll see you soon Simon and Johnny"