The phones ringing (Chapter 21)

A/n- life's been lifing but here's a chapter from y'all's  favorite #1 poetic rizzler 🌚

You finished up what you were doing and you grabbed your bag , knife and flashlight and walked down the hall and you headed down the stairs quickly before making your way over the debris on the floor and into the kitchen. You saw graves with his flashlight as well and you saw him setting up two plates at the table and he gestured for you to come over to which you did.
He sat down at the counter top and he stood with a fork in his hand getting ready to eat. He saw you standing there for a moment keeping quiet and he looked up at you and pushed the plate closer in your direction.
"C,mon you need to eat."
He spoke firmly yet gently as he dug his fork into his food before spooning it into his mouth.
"And you need to have some common sense."
You muttered and he chuckled.
"Same ol y/n since day one aye?"
He replied.
"You've grown . Assuming you were in collage at the moment?"
He asked and you gave a slight nod.
"I was , had to study for an exam but I don't see that happening now."
You spoke quietly thinking about how you had been talking to ghost when he was around about your exams.

You looked at the food for a moment before giving in and eating. As you scooped up some rice and spooned it into your mouth you looked up and had a small shocked look on your face as you tasted that his cooking wasn't that bad. Graves saw your little surprised face and he smirked.
"Is my cooking shitty?"
He grinned and he managed to get you to crack a small little smirk and he laughed.
"Someone's loosening up huh?"
He gave you a small nudge from across you and you shook your head.
"Oh piss off."
You murmurs quietly as you looked away as you small smirk disappears. He looked you over for a moment before continuing to eat and you did the same but as you looked around a light bulb lit off in your head.
"Wait."
You shot up as you stood up from the counter leaving your food and grabbing your flashlight and  you pushed off all the debris around you trying to look for something and graves cocked an eyebrow at you as he watched you rummage around , dust and other things flying up as you did so.

"What are you doing?"
He questioned but you kept quiet as your searching grew a bit more aggressive. As you searched around , getting knicked by the shards of glass lying around you found a small black phone and your facial lit up a bit.
"Maybe I can contact them."
You spoke up as you turned showing him the small phone , the phone looking of one to be a burner.
"Shit just hit the fan we still have a chance"
You added as you checked the phone to see if it worked. As you checked the phone you made sure to check for battery's in the back and as you did and raised the back panel your heart sank a little as you didn't see batteries and your hopes lessened a bit.
"Fucking shit..."
You mumbled and graves looked at you.
"It was a try but will be fine."
Graves reassured you and simply took the phone and stuff it in your bag and you sat back at the counter keeping quiet as the only thing that could be heard was the groans and growls coming from the dead outside.

"Just eat and will sleep for the night an leave in the morning."
Graves spoke up as he watched as you sit back down and stare at your plate.
"Wil make it through don't worry..but your dusk you can get through."
He mentioned your old callsign and you looked up at him.
"What happened to your family , you all know my story but what's yours?."
Your eyes narrowed and he kept quiet for a moment as he thought to speak.
You never knew much about his family but now you were able to ask. You wondered if he was still single or if he had a wife ? Maybe kids? You didn't know but you were curious. Yeah he may have been a ass but he is trying to fix things and you gotta pass the time somehow so might as well ask and learn right?.

For story's would be told as you say around as you both stood keeping up on low grounds. You needed to move and couldn't wait for your hate leaving and leaving out the gate.