Move on (chapter 23)

It was now morning time.

You spent about two hours up last night thinking about everything that had happened but you had managed to fall asleep soon enough. As it was now morning time You gently rubbed your eyes and tossed a bit as the sun shined brightly through the cracks of the curtains , illuminating the room filled with a light hue of yellow. As you yawned and woke up, your eyes squinted as your eyes adjusted to the change in light and you soon you realized that it was now morning time and you quickly got up and placed your flashlight that had been put into your bag and you hastily made your way to the door and you rushed downstairs , the smell of coffee filling your nose and as your eyes trailed around as you walked down the hall and you saw graves sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee and he looked at you and gave a small nod with a closed lipped smile.

"Before you get mad , there were no hostiles that broke in."
He abounded and you sighed.
"No shit , you should've woke me up.."
You shook your head as you were a bit groggy and annoyed.
"You needed the sleep."
He replied and you shot him a glare.
"And you not sleeping either causes you to make multiply liabilities, you should've woke me up to take watch."
You muttered as you rummaged through your bag and got out your pocket knife.
"I take it your ready, hmm?."
He cocked an eyebrow at you and you glared at him as you watched him finish the last of what was left in his cup.
"No fucking shit."
You growled lowly and punched the bridge of your nose as you were not in the mood for games.

Graves just simply sighed and nodded before grabbing his back himself that he had and he threw the coffee he had into the sink and he looked at you.
"I already know your not gonna eat so we're gonna see how it looks outside and head up into the woods and go from there."
He explained and you gave a sharp nod as you started to walk down the hallway and you peeked  outside through the broken glass window and you saw that the fires have died down and there was nothing left but charred bits of cars and debris as well as human remains. The stench was strong and reeked throughout the street but most seemed to be looking clear. Graves stood right up behind you ready as well and you looked for a easier point to not get caught just in case and  you looked at an open point through another backyard to pass through easily and into the woods that was not to far near.

''We pass through the woods. Quick easy through the backyard near the house up front on the left.''
You explained and graves gave a small nod as he let you take the lead.
'Alright kiddo.''
He agreed and you simply kept quiet as you stepped out of the house , smelling the earthy air , the air feeling humid and warm as well as the grass on the ground was soft and wet and the streets were damp as well , being that it was humid it did not help the rotten stench but in fact made it worse. As you step out of the house fully your senses are overwhelmed by the odor of decay and death. It hangs thick in the air, making it difficult to breathe However, you don't have time to linger in the disgusting stench as you both need to get moving. Graves falls in beside you silent but with a determined look on his face as You lead the way through the street, carefully avoiding the human remains in your path and soon you're on the move through street.

You kept at a steady jogging pace , graves keeping up as he did so and you kept moving quickly yet in a silent manner and you made it through to the next house and into the backyard crossing over the fence metal fence carefully. As you stuck your feet through the holes of the metal fence you climbed up quickly with graves right behind you still and you made sure not to slip as the metal was a bit slippery and you kept climbing , your fingers latching onto the metal with ease as you did so , your adrenaline rushing and your hands slightly shaky. a s you climbed it made it over you looked out and around you as you had finally made it.

the woods.

The sound around you fills your ears , the rustling of leaves, the chirping of crickets, the whispering of the wind. You're both on edge, feeling the weight of the danger that surrounds you But you push on as your eyes are peeled open and ready. You jump down from the fence with a slight thud beneath you , you stood up and watched as graves jumped down as well and he looked towards you.
''Stage 1 , we got plenty more to go so we keep moving yeah?''
The southerner accent kicked up and you gave a nod.

Your path is taking turns but your hope is still running for new journeys lied ahead while many lied out there being deceiving and cunning.