Out in open (chapter 26)

A/n- I know I said I wouldn't update buttttttt I couldn't let y'all stay waiting so enjoy :D

'It was all a blur , you couldn't move yet you could see everything around you. You watched as ghosts lifeless corpse lie in front of you. Bloody and broken as he was getting mauled by what was once known as people. His screams and pleas for you as he tried making his way over to you were tangible. You tried moving. You tried getting closer to him but it was no use. Everything around you was mostly pitch black and all you could see what the one moment. You couldn't stop it and it made you want to throw up. You felt sick but you stomach dropped as you heard him scream "this is your fault". You let off a muffled scream. Not being able to hear yourself as it felt like you were under water almost your vision went black.

***********

You jolted awake , tense and alert as you caught your breathing trying to take in the surroundings around you. Graves turned to you and he gave a small look of concern before letting the look drop as he saw you push yourself up a bit.  It was now morning time as you both had slept in the cave for the night. Even as you were on watch you fell asleep as did graves. He knew you wouldn't stay up but he also knew you were alert and would handle things. You've proven that much already.
"You okay kiddo? Seem shaken up."
He spoke as he had a fire started , a pit dug into the ground holding sticks and logs as it was illuminated , flakes burning. The flickering of the fire and crackling of the flames were palpable as he had a small pot running with water in it , the smell of coffee filling your nose and you felt yourself watching your breath as you woke your body up.

"Y-yeah, I've just had quite the long night ,fucking feel alseep after god knows what hour..."
you stammer as you try to push the nightmare of the previous night out of your mind. You saw it all again , you saw him. Simon. You wished you didn't see it. You felt it was your fault , you heard him say it was your fault but you knew it couldn't be him. could it have been?.  The fire crackles more and you feel its warmth on your face as you grew closer to it sitting up criss crossed, while the aroma of the coffee fills your nostrils. Graves looks at you , having a hot cup of coffee in his hands. the warm cup warming his hands as he held it gently. The hot beverage is a bit soothing as he takes a sip, feeling its warmth spread throughout his body. The taste of the coffee is rich and welcoming.

"Somethings up thought. Your shaken up. On edge and look like your about to run at the next sounds given. What's up?"
He spoke gently, his voice a bit deep as it was mornings. The morning voice. He spoke  to you as he noticed your mannerisms and the way you currently were and he just knew you were nervous about something but he didn't know what. He didn't know about the nightmare an you didn't know if you wanted to tell him.
"It's nothing..I'm fine—"
You started but got cut off.
"Don't hand me that l/n , I know somethings wrong. You can tell me y'know."
He cut you off and you kept quiet , looking away , hearing nothing but the breeze and ruffle of the tree branches and leaves in the wind.
"Bad dream is all...."
You sighed as you grabbed your bag , rummaging around in it and grabbing a granola bar.

"Wanna tell me?"
He cocked an eyebrow at you as he took another sip of his coffee.
"If I wanted to tell you I would've yknow."
You deadpanned at him and he chuckled a bit.
"Smart Alec as always huh?"
He looked at you and you sighed.
"Hoping no more animals come our way."
Graves spoke as he grabbed a few crackers from his bag , the wrapper crumbling as he opened them up.
"Yeah hard for that to not happen. We're in a giant ass forest and only going deeper into it."
You rubbed your head a bit.
"I gotta use the bathroom...fuck."
You grumbled as you stood up.
"Better go Dig a hole and pop a squat."
He nodded towards the outside of the cave and you huffed.
"What if a spider crawls in my ass or some shit while I'm going?"
You asked as you grabbed a roll of toilet paper
From your bag.

"Better fight it off then."
He called out as he watched as you stepped foot
Outside Into the brush. You looked around walked past the cave but Keeping alert and you found a spot behind a tree and you didn't bother digging a hole as you had to do the first round of business which involved number one and you grumbled to yourself as you pulled your pants down halfway , feeling the breeze agaisnt your skin and squatted down , using the tree to prop yourself up as you did your business. Birds chirping and trees rustling in the wind. You relived yourself and after a few seconds you wiped and pulled your pants back up and kept quiet as you went back to the cave. You sat back down and put the toilet paper roll back in your back and you folded the small thin blanket and you put it in your bag as well as with your flashlight.

As you had came back graves finished up his coffee and he smirked at you.
"Any spiders crawl in your ass?"
He joked.
"My foots gonna be in your ass."
You retorted and he grinned.
"Sounds lovely."
He countered back in the same sarcastic tone you held and you glared at him.
"Okay you senile dog."
You sighed as you pinched the bridge of your nose and packed everything and placed your backpack back on your back.
"Hitting low still yeah? Seems about right. Grumpy ass."
He grinned as he kicked dirt into the fire to put it out and he packed all his stuff up as we and looked at you.
"Yeah yeah old man."
You let off a small smirk and he grinned as he nudged you as you both started to head off again to the outside , heading back into the forest again.

As one's journey started up again which left more obstacles up ahead.