Waiting worries (chapter 15)

You got up and rubbed yourself off and looked at graves taking in his tired appearance and you shook your head.
"You after we get our shit we are going to the depot and then looking for ghost got that?"
You glared and he gave a nod as he looked at you with a soft look.
"I got it kiddo."
He answered and your eyes narrowed.
"Don't call me that."
You glared at him and he kept quiet before heading into through the back door into his house. You watched as he headed in and you stood there for a moment not moving and he turned around and tilted his head to the side to say 'come in'. You looked back behind you and you stood hesitant and kept your pocket knife out , dried blood and goo stuck on it and you grimaced for a moment before heading inside.

As you entered through the back door which was the door for the backyard and you headed ijside , now in the kitchen there was a fimiliar smell that made you feel a wave of nastolgia. almsot as if you've been there before. The walls were a light off white  and the cabinets were black as well as the furniture , there was a white gas stove and a silver sink. There was white tiled flooring and out from the kitchen lied the living room and there was a upstairs as well. You shook your head before looking out towards one of the cabinets and you opened it finding canned goods. You took your backpack off your bag with one hand , still holding you knife in the other and you grabbed some canned veggies and a pack of coffee you saw. You didn't take too much and you started rummaging around looking for things you might need.

Graves watched as he saw you rummage around and he held a small grin as he leaned on the wall and watched as you looked at everything. He watched you grab a small metal pot and some utensils and throw them in your bag as you also clipped the pot to your bag. You noticed him standing there and you glared at him as you went to the sink to clean off your knife that was covered in the dried blood.
"You gonna stand there or grab shit you need?"
You glared and he shook his head.
"Got my bag."
He showed you a beige military bag and you rolled your eyes.
"Conmen sense , go get things that will be useful."
You sighed as you finished cleaning your knife and kept it at your side and you pushed past him as you went through to go upstairs to see if there was anything useful.
"Everything is in the bag already , some tools and stuff. Lighten up alright will be fine."
he stood up straight and followed behind yku as you didn't bother with looking at the living room and you headed up stairs with him follwing behind you. As you headed upstairs you saw the bathroom to your left and two rooms down the hall and as you looked at the walls you saw a few family photos.

You didn't mind that as you simply went into the bathroom and you started to gather any medical supplies you could and a few bars of soap and you took off your bag and placed everything in it before closing it and placing it back on your back.
"Yknow you don't know if will be fine for fuck sales I don't even know if Simon's okay."
You snapped and his gaze softened at you. He didn't want you to be so angry. He missed when you were 14 and seemed so much more lively and happy but that wasnt the case now. Now you were quiet , stressed , angry and slowly losing hope but you were determined. You determination is what kept you going.
"Will go to the depot and find him after okay?"
Graves tried reassuring you but all you did was give him the same glare.
"Fuck the fucking depot...we're getting what we need here and we're fucking going to find him."
You demanded.

"The brutes alive , he's lived through worse on missions.."
He muttered and you got closer to him , face to face as your face turned into a scowl.
"You don't fucking know shit and you barely know if we're going to live and make it back there. You don't know shit , I could potentially lose the one person who's helped me through everything because of your fucking bullshit."
You scolded and watched as his face went blank for a moment.

You wanted to go back for ghost.

You prayed he wasn't dead but you didn't know for sure. You hoped he was alive but after all the chaos that had broken out you didn't know if you could even tell if he was going to live or not. You don't know where he is and you don't know and the only remnants that you have of him was the extra dog tags that he gave you and that you wore under your shirt. You knew he had skill but you didn't even know if he could survive this one. He's had many encounters with death but this was beyond that. Death itself lied around everywhere now and there was a higher chance that any of you could be killed.

"We head out now..."
Your voice grew quieter but it still held that firm and dark tone to it.

Death took its toll while life was busy resting for new obstacles lied waiting for your testing. Death lurked while you followed for who is truly now a ghost stood waiting in the hollow.