The chosen one with a strong heart

Neytiri continues to walk deeper into the forest, not turning around to acknowledge Jake's voice or presence.

"Hey, wait up. Just.. hey, slow down. Look, I just wanted to say thanks for killing those things-" Jake starts, however his sentence is cut short when her bow slams into his head, sending him to the ground.

"Ah! Damn!" Jake exclaims softly and rubs his head where he'd been struck.

Neytiri points her bow at Jake, crouching slightly and her tail lashing in agitation and ears pulling back.

"Don't thank. You do not thank for this. This is sad. Very sad only. They did not have to die." Neytiri scolds, speaking in English so he can understand her.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Jake says softly, scooting back and holding his hand out to show he means no harm.

"Wh-whatever I did, I am sorry." Jake adds, confused on why she's is mad at him.

Neytiri sighs and stands up from her bent over position and paces a bit before pointing to the direction of the dead Viperwolves.

"All this is your fault. They did not need to die." Neytiri says, as if speaking to a child and gesturing at him before dropping her hand.

"My fault? They attacked me. How am I the bad guy?" Jake asks in confusion, his brows furrowing.

"YOUR FAULT!" Neytiri shouts, jabbing her bow forward as she steps closer.

"Aye! Woah!" Jake exclaims falling back so he's in a laying position again and he props himself back onto his elbows, gently nudging her bow away.

"Your fault." Neytiri repeats lowly.

"Easy, easy." Jake whispers, trying to soothe her so he doesn't get assaulted by the bow for a second time.

"You're like a baby, making noise, not knowing what to do." Neytiri grumbles.

Jake's ear twitches at the insult. But he can understand why it was given to him... as he was not acting smartly, driven by panic instead.

"Easy." Jake whispers again.

Jake gently nudges Neytiri's bow and she pulls it away from him.

Jake holds his hands out, showing he's not a threat as he stands up.

Neytiri watches Jake closely, her eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"If you love your little forest friends, why not just let them kill my ass?" Jake asks, gesturing over his shoulder with his thumb to the direction of the dead Viperwolves.

Neytiri's brows raise slightly, seemingly surprised that Jake  was able to ask a valid question.

"What's the thinking?" Jake asks.

"Why save you?" Neytiri asks, head tilting to clarify that's what he means.

"Yeah, why save me?" Jake asks, his voice croaking at the start slightly.

Neytiri hesitates, seemingly looking for the words and her lips part.

"You have a strong heart. No fear." Neytiri says softly after a few minutes of debating and stepping slightly closer to him, as if she was sharing a secret.

Jake's expression softens and his mouth quirks up at the corners, and his eyes are gentle as he stares back at Neytiri.

"But stupid. Ignorant like a child!" Neytiri adds, her tail curling up and she then turns and walks off.

Jake scoffs and smiles, glancing to the side as he fights his smile off and he grabs the stick he'd used as a weapon and a torch  before following after Neytiri.