Heart's desire

The next morning as the clan gather together, eating breakfast, Neytiri raises a questioning eyebrow as she sees Vitxyillì eating Ovumshrooms... she hates Ovumshrooms.

"When did you start liking Ovumshrooms? You would have sworn to never eat them last month." Neytiri says, confusion clear.

"I don't like them. But the little one apparently loves them." Vitxyillì says, gesturing to her stomach.

Neytiri blinks in surprise.

"Are they really already craving foods this early in the pregnancy?" Neytiri asks in disbelief.

"Apparently so." Räi says as he strokes Vitxyillì's back.

Vitxyillì smiles as Räi strokes her back, and she leans into the touch a bit.

"Well I guess you better get used to eating Ovumshrooms for a while Vitxyillì, until the cravings go away." Neytiri states and she chuckles softly.

"Yay." Vitxyillì says sarcastically.

"It's good that the baby is doing well though." Neytiri adds, a small grin playing her lips.

Vitxyillì hums in confirmation.

"What are you teaching Jake today?" Vitxyillì asks curiously.

Neytiri, having finished her meal, gets up, ready to go find Jake.

"I'm going to try and teach him some more language today. I don't think it will go very well though." Neytiri replies with a small laugh, she shrugs a small bit.

"And I might also teach him more tracking and how to get around on the trees." Neytiri adds as she has begun to teach him that.

"Oh. Well, have fun with your coloniser, Tiri. Do try not to get him killed." Vitxyillì says playfully.

Neytiri sticks her tongue out and she smiles.

"I'll try." Neytiri replies back sarcastically.

"But no promises." Neytiri adds playfully.

"Eywa help protect his soul." Vitxyillì says dramatically.

Neytiri smiles and she laughs.

"Oh he'll need it." Neytiri replies playfully.

"If he gets himself killed after I've told him multiple times what to do, then that is not my problem." Neytiri adds.

Vitxyillì giggles.

"I can't imagine him surviving long in the forest without you protecting him." Vitxyillì says half jokingly.

"No, I'm sure he'd die in a matter of minutes. Just from tripping over a rock or something." Neytiri says sarcastically.

"See you at dinner, Tiri." Vitxyillì adds as she watches Neytiri walk off.

Neytiri grins playfully knee her shoulder.

"Yeah, see you at dinner. And don't let Räi give the baby any more of his weird food addictions." Neytiri calls out before she leaves this level of Hometree entirely.

Vitxyillì takes another bite of her Ovumshroom.

"Enjoying Ovumshrooms yet?" Räi asks jokingly.

"Not even slightly. I don't know how the baby can like Ovumshrooms so much. I blame you for your horrible taste buds." Vitxyillì grumbles half heartedly.

Räi chuckles, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Hey, it's not my fault the little one has impeccable taste. They clearly inherited my superior taste buds." Räi teases.