The birth of the mighty warrior

A month later Neytiri goes into labour, squatting and clutching Jake tightly while refusing to give birth laying down, which isn't uncommon for Na'vi.

Mo'at is there, guiding Neytiri through the birth as Jake supports her emotionally and physically.

"Easy, baby, you can do this." Jake  says softly, trying to keep her calm as he supports her body weight while she squats.

Neytiri groans loudly as she continues to push harder, refusing to give up on squatting.

Sweat drops down Neytiri's face and forehead, despite the effort she has to push out her baby, she refuses to give up, determined to give birth while squatting as the Na'vi have for thousands of years.

Neytiri continues to push while she holds on to Jake for dear life, her hands digging into his flesh.

"You're doing great." Jake encourages, wishing he could take her pain for her.

"Keep pushing, daughter, you're almost there." Mo'at says, kneeling down, ready to catch the baby when it comes out.

Neytiri grits her teeth, as she  keeps pushing, not stopping for a second as she grunts loudly with each push she makes, her nails digging even deeper into Jake's flesh.

Finally, with one final, powerful push, Neytiri lets out a cry of pain as the baby slides out from her body, into Mo'at's waiting arms.

Neytiri  slowly begins to relax, her grip on Jake loosening as she sinks down into his grip, panting heavily and shaking as she's recovering from giving birth.

Jake still holds Neytiri supportingly, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Congratulations, you have a healthy boy." Mo'at announces as she begins to tend to their baby.

Mo'at smiles down at Jake and Neytiri's son, who looks like the spinning image of Neytiri, with a few hints of Jake here and there if you look close enough.

Although their son doesn't have human eyebrows and five fingers and toes like Jake, there's definitely traits of him in the baby.

"You did it, baby. I'm so proud of you." Jake whispers, kissing Neytiri's temple as their baby begins to cry in Mo'at's arms.

Neytiri smiles softly, the moment she hears her baby cry. She turns her head slightly, looking in the direction the crying is coming from.

All of Neytiri's  exhaustion, pain and stress suddenly vanish as she stares at her newborn, a bright smile appearing on her face as she looks at her child.

Neytiri  gently squeezes Jake's fingers as a proud smile appears on her face.

Jake looks over at their baby and smiles, his heart filling with love for their baby.

"What do you want to name him?" Neytiri asks.

"Name him now? Shouldn't you rest?" Jake asks softly.

Neytiri shakes her head stubbornly.

"I will rest after he is named." Neytiri says stubbornly.

Jake smiles at Neytiri's  stubbornness and nods his head, understanding that she won't rest until their baby is named.

"I guess we better name him then." Jake says with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Neytiri looks at Jake, wanting to see what kind of names he'll come up with. She's already got a name if he can't come up with one.

Jake begins thinking about what he could suggest to Neytiri.

"How about... Nicholas?" Jake suggests.

"Not that." Neytiri says bluntly.