The call of Toruk Makto

Jake dismounts Toruk and pats his side reassuringly.

Räi has gotten to Vitxyillì's side and they now stand with Tsu'tey as Mo'at stands with Neytiri as all of the clan members stare at Jake and Toruk in shock.

"Toruk Makto?" Mo'at whispers in disbelief.

Toruk roars softly and Jake pats his head, looking into his eyes and Toruk calms, his gaze on Solvaä who's to the side of the crowd, watching him.

Jake looks away from Toruk, meeting Neytiri's gaze from the distance.

Neytiri stares at Jake with equal parts shock and confusion as she still tries to process this moment.

The crowd parts as Jake makes his way to Neytiri, all of the Na'vi murmuring in shock, but he hardly pays them any mind.

Jake's mind and gaze focused on one Na'vi and one Na'vi only.

Neytiri.

Neytiri slowly starts to walk forward, towards Jake and eventually the distance is closed between them.

Jake tilts his head as he looks at Neytiri, stopping in front of her.

It is then that Neytiri realises Jake's love for her is far deeper then she could ever understand and he is not a traitor to the Omatikaya: he's a traitor to the Sky people FOR the Omatikaya.. FOR HER.

Neytiri's eyes soften as she looks at Jake for what feels like the first time in ages, his loyalty, his love, everything finally sinks in and she can't help but feel relief wash over her, as well as a warm, familiar feeling in her chest.

"I see you." Neytiri says softly.

Neytiri means it. She sees all of Jake's flaws, his strengths and his weaknesses and she loves him all the same after everything.

Jake smiles softly.

"I see you." Jake says in return.

And Jake means it. He sees all of Neytiri's struggles, her strengths, her weaknesses, everything. And he loves every single part of her.

Jake reaches out a hand and gently cups Neytiri's face.

Neytiri's hand rests on Jake's shoulder as she feels his hand gently cupping her face.

Neytiri feels guilty for lashing out at Jake before, but she was just scared and grieving.

And back then, it looked like Jake was a traitor.

But Neytiri sees it all now. Jake has devoted himself to her.

"I was afraid, Jake." Neytiri says softly.

Jake gently strokes Neytiri's cheeks, listening to her as she speaks.

"For my people." Neytiri adds softly, as she was terrified not just for herself but for her whole clan.

"But I'm not anymore." Neytiri adds, softer, as she feels as if they finally have a chance against the RDA, with his help.

Jake sighs heavily and gives Neytiri a reassuring smile before he looks over at Tsu'tey, seeing Vitxyillì and Räi on either side of Tsu'tey.

Vitxyillì's head tilts to the side slightly as she stares at Jake, but she stays silent, knowing he is attempting to redeem himself.

Räi's expression is unreadable as he stares at Jake.

Tsu'tey stares back at Jake, ears twitching, processing everything.

Jake starts to walk towards Tsu'tey, slowly, cautiously with Neytiri slowly following behind.