Part one: Coming home

As I am boarding the plane I feel small arms wrapped around me, I turn around to see my twin brother looking back at me with tears in his eyes. "It'll be okay John B. I'll only be gone a little while," I remember the day like it was yesterday. 

      John B looked at me and reached for his coat pocket.

"Whenever you miss me read this note, and I got you a bracelet that matches mine, they're custom made so I know I can spot you out of a room full of people."

I look at him and give him the biggest hug ever. "I love you, Birdie." 

      That was our dad's nickname for him, so I kind of stole it and turned it cuter.

"I love you too, dove." that was Dad's nickname for me, me and my mom turned around and I gave my dad the same hug I gave my brother.

As soon as I got on the plane and we were about to take off I took out the letter. 

     I didn't know how I was going to manage without my dad or my brother.

My mom read aloud the note seeing as I couldn't read for only being 4 years old."

Never take this bracelet off of your wrist, the little turtle on the front will remind you of outer banks."

   "I will see you soon and I hope you visit every chance you get. I love you, sincerely birdie." 

Tears surrounded my eyes so much that my vision went blurry but I wiped them away. That was 13 years ago. 

   I haven't been to the outer banks since that day. That is until now.

I've moved back to the outer banks after living with my mom and her new husband in New York. 

    My mom agreed to buy my ticket because my new stepdad sure as hell wouldn't.

I stood outside the chateau not knowing what to do, I decided that it was probably good to knock. 

    As I am waiting for the door to be opened which I assume will be opened by my brother, I start thinking. 'What if he doesn't like me, what if he kicks me out.' 

    Right in the middle of my thought process the door opened, slowly revealing the best-looking boy I'd ever seen, There was no way that it was John B. because he was blonde and strong. 

    I just stare at the perfectly sculpted abs on this dude's body before I get rudely interrupted by the blonde kid. "Can I help you? Or are you just here to stare at me?" 

    I break from the trance I was in, and I clear my throat twice to get all the cracks out so I sound cool to him.

"Yeah um, sorry is John B there or should I come back?" I just look at him, as he looks at me, confused, trying to put together why I'm there.

    "Well heres the thing, I can't let you in until you let me know why you're here."

At this point I can tell he's a player, and he's clearly trying to flirt with me, so might as well flirt back.

    "Well, blondie, thats your name now, I'm here to see John B so if you could just let me in, that would be great."

   I look at the blonde haired boy and I realize that he has the most amazing blue eyes ever, thats all I'm able to focus on until I feel the weight of a big man on me.

   I fall back to the ground off of the bottom of the stairs and groan as the guy on top of me comes into focus.

   "What're you doing back? I mean I'm happy your back but you haven't been here in what? 13 years? And with no warning? Why are you back all of the sudden?"

    He helps me off of the ground and I just stare at him while I analyze all the questions he just asked.

  "Okay, well, I'm back because I decided that I can't live with mom anymore and, yes, it has been almost 13 years. I didn't visit because I couldn't get mom away from her new husband long enough to come visit."

   the blonde man walks down the stairs and walks up beside my brother totally confused. "Am I missing something here? Or am I just dumb?" John B looks at the blue eyed masterpeice and laughs a little.

   "JJ this is my sister, Beatrice routledge, Bea for short." JJ, thats a really cool name although, I do like blondie better.

"You know JB, she does look a lot like you but she is just a little bit hotter than you." JJ said as he swung his arm around me and pulled me in tight.

  I had to hide my face because i was blushing so hard. Jesus, am I fangirling over a guy I just met? This is crazy.

  "The way you phrased that makes it sound like you think I'm hot JJ." John B says as he walks right between us wacking JJ's arm off my shoulder hard enough hurt both of us. They start walking up the stairs and to the door and I slowly follow.

   "Dude, you and my sister are never going to happen. She will not be played by your manwhore ass." John B is clearly very passionate about me not dating anyone. JJ just looks at John B with a weird look on his face.

  I start following them faster to the door and decide break the tension quickly before it gets too awkward, "So, where is my room? I need to put my stuff down."

  John B breaks from his staring at JJ to look at me. JJ starts to speak but John B cuts him off.

  "So, you and JJ will be sharing a room, but he will be sleeping on the floor." John B looks like hes starting to regret that arangement. "Aye-aye captin." JJ says while doing a salute before flipping him off.

    I laugh just a little before walking through the door and in the living area to look for my room while I'm being greeted by 3 different people.

  "Guys, this is my sister, Beatrice, shes gonna stay with us for now. That's sarah eating ice cream, my girlfriend."

   John B states from behind me while pointing at a blonde girl over by the counter and she waves at me.

   "That's Pope over there on the couch with his girlfriend, Kie, they're all my friends" John B also says whilst pointing to two people cuddling on the couch.

   "And you already know jj, my best friend. Which by that means that if you ever go out with him or sleep with him i will have to just beat his ass."

  He whispered menacingly and only loud enough for me and JJ to hear. I look at petrified as my eyes shift over everyone in the room.