part five: the dare

JJ looks at me and smirks. John B was still chatting with Sarah and didn't realize what happened.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear "I don't want to make you uncomfortable, otherwise I would say the most inapropriate things to you ever." He leaned back and smirked while I just stared at him in shock.

Before JB noticed what was happening, I stood up and started speaking, "Okay, I think it's time for me to go to bed, goodnight everyone!" And start to get out of the hot tub and walk into the house."

"What's her problem?" Sarah says as I open the front door and walk in.

I went to the bathroom and stared in the mirror. "What the fuck." I whisper to myself. What just happened?

Why did he say that to me? Does he genuinely think that about me? I was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Uh I'll be out in a second!"

I scramble to collect myself and my thoughts and open the door. "Why'd you walk away? Are you okay?"

John B questions. "I'm fine, I'm just tired." I pull out my phone to check the time and turn the screen to him.

"See? It's already 9:30." He sighs and says, "Okay, sorry to bother you I just got worried. Goodnight I guess, I love you dove."

"I love you too, birdie." I smile then he left the room and closed the door. I sighed and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a baggy shirt.

I finished putting my shirt on as JJ opened the door and came in the room. "Oh sorry I didn't know you were changing."

"You're good blondie I'm done now." I said while avoiding eye contact. I saw him take his shirt off and grab a pair of sweatpants. "Look away."

He says with a small smile. "Trust me I wasn't looking." I say while fixing the sheet on the bed. "Oh really?"

I turn around and give him a dirty look just as he was done putting his pants on. "You're sleeping without a shirt?"

I say while giving a confused look. "Um yeah, you have a problem?" "Nope." He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Wait that's not what I meant," I say trying not to stumble over my words. "Sure it's not."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Make me."

I scoff and lay down on my newly fixed bed sheets and put the blanket over me, turned on my side and trying to go to sleep.

"I'm sorry." I hear JJ say.

"What?" I confusedly ask.

"I'm sorry, if I made you uncomfortable earlier. In the hot tub."

"Oh you're good, you didn't make me uncomfortable."

"Oh. I thought I did. You just walked away." I sat up and looked at him laying on his floor, already looking at me.

"I walked away because my brother was there, I didn't feel like getting yelled at."

"Understandable." He says, "In that case," He turns around and reaches into his bag behind him, pulling out a couple beers. "I snuck these for you."

He smiled at me and stood up. "Oh shit. Thank you dude." He walked around the bed and sat down next to me. He handed me one of the beers and I opened it with my teeth.

After about an hour of us just talking, I eventually fell asleep next to him. "Goodnight Bea," He quietly says before moving off the bed. "Sweet dreams."