part 22: the party

I wake up confused and with a massive headache. I roll over and see JJ laying next to me on the bed.

I try to quietly get out of bed but JJ hears me and groans. "sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

he gets out of the bed and walks over to me. "its fine, how you feeling?" I nod and laugh.

"alright, I guess? I don't really remember to much of last night." JJ wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek.

"I guess I shouldn't tell you what we did then right?" I push him off and eye him, "what?"

"realax I'm joking we didnt d anything. John b is worried tho. I've never seen him cry before."

"he cried, jesus was it that bad?" "well his sister did coke and then blacked out in front of him. that's pretty bad Bea."

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. JJ walks into the bathroom and starts brushing his teeth.

"so, theres a party tonight, not that you could possibly even go. John b wont let you."

I walk out of the room and to the kitchen, where I see John b sitting at the table, head in hands.

"hey, jb can we talk?" he looks up at me and runs over and hugs me. "are you ok, do you need anything at all?"

"I'm fine jb, are you. I'm sorry if I scared you last night I just wanted to forget everything for a little you know?"

John b sighs and sits back down, motioning for me to sit as well. so I do. "you did scare me, a lot. coke Bea, come on that shit will kill you."

"so will walking down the street but, look I'm sorry. really it was dumb and I wont do it again."

"dam right you won't. next topic. what do you want to do today. movie night?" "well there's this party toni-"

"no, already no.youre not going." "told you he would say no." I look behind me and see JJ leaning against the wall.

"shut the fuck up, please John b I wont drink or anything I just need to get ut of this house for once."

"no, do you remember what happened last time?" "that was a mistake, plus me and rafe are cool now."

"another reason you're not going, hell be there. so will Pope and every other guy you do and don't know."

"whatever, I'm not sitting here arguing anymore, can we go surf?" "yeah, sure if that's what you want to do."

we pack up and head down to the beach, when we get there kie and Sarah show up. John b must have told them.

"hey guys, ready to have some fun?" Sarah says hugging everyone. kie hugs me and John b but not JJ, weird.

we surf for about two hours and then we all decide to just hangout on the beach and have fun.

I look up and see Sarah and John b running out the water and chasing each other.

"you know if your brother wasn't here I would kiss you right now" I look over at JJ and scoff.

"when has he ever stopped you?" "can I stop you please?" I laugh at kie and turn to her.

"what happened to you and Pope after the whole thing?" kie sighs and lays her head down.

"he didn't like that I didn't help him when John b punched him. so we broke up."

Sarah runs over to us and lays down, John b slowly following her. "you're a bitch jb," JJ says

John b flips him off and then throws water at him. "Sarah come on I wanna show you something."

Sarah follows John b and kie and JJ yell at them while they leave. "be safe."

Sarah laughs and then its just JJ, kie and I. we smoke a little and then hangout. kie leaves about an hour after John b and Sarah.

me and JJ lay on the beach cuddling. "you know something Bea?" I look up at him and squint my eyes.

"what's that j?" he kisses me and then looks at the water, "you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"that's not true, my brother is the best thing that ever happened to you." we both chuckle and then JJ kisses my forehead

"ok, seriously though I mean you really are the best person I've met and you're sweet and pretty and nice and I love you for that be-"

"wait, wait JJ shut up you love me?" JJ looks from me to the sand and sighs, "yes, no, what do you want me to say?"

"I love you too." "well that would be weird if I said that because you would have to say I love you first."

"no JJ, listen I love you too. if we love each other that means we have to tell John b, not now. but eventually."

JJ smiles and nods while hugging me tightly, "can we tell him in like a month, so he can calm down from whatever has been happening?"

"of course JJ, come on we should go home, its late." me and JJ walk home. when we get there everyone is asleep.

we quietly walk to the room and (yk) we probably should have gotten dressed before falling asleep.