Chapter Thirty-two

The next morning Ruby woke up extremely hungover. She sat up and groaned as the sun was too bright. She headed into the kitchen to get some coffee and hoped the caffeine would help the hangover.

"Never trying to out-drink Cas again" she muttered upset at herself.

"You're up," Bill said from behind Ruby.

"Morning Bill," Ruby said while drinking her coffee, "how's Ellen?"

"Her and Jo are still asleep, your brothers too, but the angel is outside," Bill said to Ruby.

"I'll go see how Cas is doing then," Ruby said, taking her coffee with her as she left the house.

Ruby walked towards Cas as he watched the area. "You are awake," Cas said as Ruby approached.

"Barely," Ruby said taking a drink of her coffee "I feel like crap, I haven't gotten that drunk in years"

"I would help if I could," Cas said, looking at Ruby.

"It's nothing, my unnatural healing will take care of it in an hour or so," Ruby said with a sigh.

"That is useful," Cas said.

"it's freaky, I can barely be considered human anymore." Ruby said before turning around "Looks like Dean's awake"

"We should head inside," Cas said looking at the house.

Ruby nodded and headed back to the house. She walked in still drinking her coffee. Dean could tell she was extremely hungover with a look.

"You look like shit," Dean said to Ruby.

"I feel like shit," Ruby said.

"Advil?" Dean asked.

"Won't work," Ruby said, sitting down and finishing her coffee.

"Will you be good enough for today?" Dean asked, hoping she would stay behind.

"Yeah, I'll be good by then," Ruby said stretching.

"We leave in two hours, you're riding with me and Sam" Dean said to Ruby.

"Damn, I wanted to take Dahlia," Ruby said with a sigh.

"Dahlia?" Dean asked, confused.

"My bike," Ruby said with a shrug.

"Of course you named it," Dean said, shaking his head.

"Shut up," Ruby muttered.

***

The Impala pulled into the seemingly empty town. Jo and Ellen followed in a truck just a little behind the Impala. It was creepily empty to everyone but Ruby and Cas.

"Jesus, that's a lot of reapers," Ruby said as Dean pulled over.

"I'm sorry... reapers as in more than one?" Dean asked, looking at Ruby.

"Yes, they only gather like this in times of great disaster," Cas said looking around.

"Ah... so were fucked. Nice to know" Ruby said with a sigh.

"Let's find and kill Lucifer quickly," Sam said seriously.

"I feel like this isn't going to be simple," Ruby said cautiously as she followed the group.

No one responded as they drew their guns and moved forward. Cas had taken off to figure out why the reapers were there. The entire time Ruby felt like something bad was about to happen.