4

SENIOR YEAR MONDAY
ellie's pov

i walked down the school hallway basically ignoring everyone. "ell, what's been going on?" jessica asked, "i just been really busy this morning, doing last minute election things" i said. "hey babe. i haven't seen you like all morning" evan said putting his arm around me.

"come on guys let's go to lunch" he said, he tried to hold my own. but i jolted it back, "ow!" i said, "oh my god, ellie. what happened?" he asked. "it's nothing. i was making dinner and cut myself by accident. i'm such an idiot" i said.

"hey. no you're not. are you okay?" he asked, "yes, i'm fine" i smiled. we walked into the cafe scuba and gabby already saved us a table. "should i invite clare to sit with us? she's alone" evan said. "uh sure. i guess" i said.

i sat down next to gabby, "what's evan doing?" she asked, "inviting clare to eat with us because she's alone" i scoffed. "hey, thanks for letting me sit with you guys" she smiled. "yeah sure" i replied.

"hey jack! come sit with us!" she called him over, he sat on the other side of me. "hey" he smiled, "hey" i said. evan looked furious. "so, i was wondering if you would be able to help with me with math? clare says you're like a genius" he laughed. "sure" i smiled.

evan rolled his eyes. "so, evan next you come over can you and clare not be so loud? it's kinda distracting" jack scoffed. my eyeballs nearly popped out of my head. "what the fuck?" gabby said, "it's not like that! you guys are gross!" evan said. "and i have a girlfriend!" he said smiling at me.

"he came over to work on our project and we watched a saw. it was disgusting" clare said. "so you're bingeing movies with her now?" i asked, "ellie" he said. "forget it, i have to go" i said. jack got up and followed me.

"where you off to?" he asked, "away from them" i said. "come on, it's beautiful outside!" he said taking my hand and laughed.

"YO! back the fuck off dude!" evan shouted, pushing jack away from me. "evan calm down!" said, evan pushed jack in the face. "evan!" i said, "you have some nerve acting this way! he's just being friendly! and making sure i was okay! you know something you didn't do" i said angrily.

"why does everything always have to be about you?" he scoffed, "what?" i asked. "ever since school started, it's always i'm ellie and everything has to be my way or no way" he said. "fuck you, evan!" i said pushing him out of my way and leaving the cafe.

"eleanor wait up!" gabby said running up to me. "what happened back there?" she asked, "evan basically screamed at me and told me how everything is about me" i said. "he's being a dickhead. forget him" gabby said. "forget him? what do you mean by that?" i asked.

"if he's making you feel so bad and driving you nuts. then break up with him?" gabby said, "you're joking, right?" i said. "i'm just looking out for your mental health, you shouldn't be getting stressed over a boy" she said.

"i have to go, but i'll see you later" gabby smiled. "you're boyfriend's a hot head" jack said holding with ice on his jaw. "he was just jealous" i said, "of what? a boy being nice to you? he's like here's there for you" he scoffed.

"evan and i have been through a lot" i said, "yeah i read about everything before we moved here. i'm sorry about your friend and mom" he said. "uh..yeah thanks" i said. "is your hand okay? it's uh um bleeding" he said looking at the bandage.