Chapter 1: Oh Brother

Warning, this story contains violence, drug use, abuse, rape, language, and sexual content. Please read at own risk.

This story is completely fictional and anything similar is a coincidence.

Enjoy!

~

I sat on my bed waiting for my brother to arrive back from college. He's bringing his girlfriend and few friends with him.

I haven't seen Robert since January, and it's the end of May now. "Mary! He's here!" My mother called.

I got up and ran down the steps. I lived in the perfect family. The white picket fence life. My parents were happily married with their two kids, Robert and I. We had a dog too, snuggles.

"Mom! Dad!" Robert said dropping his bags and hugging my parents. "Oh! It's good to see you honey!" My mom smiled. Robert came over to me and wrapped me up in a huge bear hug.

"I'm glad you're back Robert." I said in his chest. "It's good to be back Mary."

Robert brought home his girlfriend, Diana, and his friends Tyler, Matt, and Landon. My mom was making dinner while the rest of us were talking in the living room. "College was good. Two more years I'll have my degree," Robert mentioned. "That's cool. I can't wait until I get to go." I said. Diana, Roberts girlfriend glared at me. She was very persnickety and never said a word to me, just glares. "You'll like it, too bad we won't be going to college together. When I graduate that following fall you'll start." I frowned, "I think it's great," Diana smirked. "Babe," Robert warned.

"Dinners done." Mom yelled. Everyone got up and scrambled to the dining room. Robert caught my arm and pulled me back, "you doing anything this month?" He asked. I shrugged, "school just let out, and I'm sixteen, I might get a job, but I don't know, why?" Robert smirked, "just checking."

I sat around the dinner table eating Roberts favorite food, tacos. I myself, loved Mexican food. "So mom, remember how I said we were all going to Utah for two weeks?" Robert asked. "I do, you still going?" She asked. "Yeah, and I want to know if I can take Mary with me." I dropped my fork and it hit my plate with a loud clink. "Me?" I asked. "Yeah, you deserve a trip. Think of it as a nice summer experience. We'll go camping, hiking, swimming, you'll love it!" I looked over at Diana, "I wouldn't want to intrude,"

"You won't. C'mon Mary, you never get out. Do this for me? Please?" Robert begged. I looked over at my dad, "it's up to you,"

My mom smiled waiting for my answer, "I guess I'll go." Robert stood up and leaned across the table, "Robert Michael!" My mother yelled. A few laughs echoed in the room. Robert held out his hand and I gave him a high five, "Great!" He smiled and sat back down.

After dinner I went to my room to finish up some of my drawings. I loved charcoal pencils, they were my favorite thing to draw with. I played music in the background, thinking about the trip to Utah with Robert and his friends. "Knock knock," I heard a tapping sound and turned around to see Robert standing in my doorway.

In our house privacy wasn't a big deal. I kept my door open at most times and we knew everything about each other. "Hey," I said. Robert walked in and sat down on my bed. "Anything happen while I was gone? You get a boyfriend, go on a date?" He asked. "No, barely," I laughed. "I'm serious Mary," he said looking me in the eye. "Well the answer is still no. No one wants to date me anyways." I turned back to my drawing.

"Don't say that. You're a nice girl. And you're very pretty, don't let anyone tell you other wise." He said. I laughed internally. Roberts girlfriend was perfect. Her bright blonde hair, and blue eyes. She had a rockin' body too. Tall and thin.

"Yeah whatever. I'm too short," I said referring to my 5'4 height. "And I'm... Well." I made a round shape with my hands. "No you're not. Stand up!" He said. I got up and Robert led me over to the mirror. "What do you see?" He asked.

"Brown hair, blue eyes, button nose, what's this have to do with anything?" I asked. "Shh, just tell me what you see?" I sighed, "wide hips, baby fat stomach," I held up my shirt and poked at my tiny later of fat. "You're not fat. And you're hips aren't wide." I sat down on my bed. "For being 5'4, I have wide hips. I'm a size 8." Robert sighed, "just stop degrading yourself. Somebody will love you just the way you are, you just have to find them." Robert patted my back and stood up. "Night Mary, love you." I smiled, "Love you too. Goodnight."

After Robert left I pulled out my duffle bag and started packing. I made sure to grab shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, pads, and everything else I could think of that a girl would need. I wouldn't dare to ask Diana. She'd rip my head off.

I packed clothes for heat, like shorts and stuff, but I brought mostly pants. I didn't like showing my legs in public. We lived in Virginia, so I was expecting dry desert air when I got to Utah.

After my bags were packed, I took a shower and got into bed, saying my prayer before going to sleep. I had to wake up early for church tomorrow.

"Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the lord my soul to keep. If I shall die before I wake. I pray the lord my soul to take. Amen"

I turned off my lamp and closed my eyes. Excited for our trip to Utah in a few days.

~~

*Photo is of Robert*