Sixteen

It was the morning of Thanksgiving, we were going to Krist's mom and stepdad's home for the first part of the afternoon and then to my mom's. Since we knew we were going to see them, we made sure to lay off the dope for the week and catch up on our sleep.

It had been sooo much fun dealing with Krist while he was withdrawing from the dope, he was a complete dick all of the week until Wednesday hit. I had been so tempted to tell him to go buy some shit so I didn't have to deal with his bitch mouth.

"You think your mom is going to give us money?" I asked, sitting in the sink, and doing my makeup.

"I'm sure she will, she always does," he said, rubbing the top of his head, "Fuck, I need a haircut."

I looked over my shoulder at him, "Babe, it's fine."

He grumbled to himself, dissatisfied with his appearance. Krist was borderline obsessive when it came to his upkeep, he was worse than a girl. He shaved his face daily, trimmed up his bush every other day, got weekly haircuts, and only used Clinique for his skincare. All that primping for him to throw on Dickies and call it good.

I mean, I understood wanting to look good because I tried to as well but he was downright annoying about it.

"We can get your hair cut tomorrow," I assured him, filling in my eyebrows.

"Aye, don't be going super heavy on the makeup," he told me.

I shot him a look, "And why is that?"

"Don't need you looking like a whore at my mom's," he replied coolly, flossing his teeth.

"Do I look like a whore to you?"

Krist didn't reply.

"Do I look like a whore to you?" I repeated.

He tossed his flosser in the trash, "Don't be asking questions you don't want the answers to."

I stared at him, not saying a word. What I wanted to ask was if I looked like such a whore, why was he with me? Oh right, because he was a whore as well.

Krist glanced at me, fuck his smug face. I was trying to work on my temper but that motherfucker made it hard.

"Cheer up," he told me as he left the bathroom.

"Girl, I hate this fucking dude. I swear." I texted Madi, setting my phone down next to me.

She replied, "Idk why you took him back tbh."

"Saaaaaame."

I finished up my makeup, making sure to go light per Bitch Ass's request. Even when we should have been having a good day, it always felt like he looked for some shit to get mad about or some way to talk down to me. It had been getting old.

I made sure to put my makeup away neatly before leaving the bathroom because he would bitch about that too.

He was sitting in the ugly green chair, phone in one hand, a Tootsie Pop in the corner of his mouth. He'd already put on his fucking khakis and white shirt because he had zero imagination when it came to fashion.

"You look gay as fuck with that sucker," I told him full of snark.

Krist pulled the sucker out of his mouth, clicking his tongue against his teeth. I could tell it bothered him when he didn't say anything back, he was always super sensitive about the gay comments because of the one time he did the whole gay-for-pay thing but if he wanted to call me a whore, I would remind me he was one too.

I could feel his eyes on me as I rummaged through the closet looking for the least whoreish clothes I could find. Ultimately, I decided to wear a pair of distressed skinny jeans with an oversized black off-the-shoulder sweater and my white Jadon Doc Martens with pink laces.