Eighteen

Fernando began coming around regularly, joking that I was "part of the roster". I don't necessarily think it was a joke but that's neither here nor there. He still wouldn't kiss me on the mouth, though I liked to try to catch him off guard. (Yes, that's completely creepy of me)

I was still working at the cafe, he would come in occasionally for coffee and a cupcake and we would pretend like we didn't know each other, although my coworkers would call him my cholo boyfriend and insist he liked me. They also found it highly funny to watch him sit and enjoy his super sweet iced coffee with his pastel-colored cupcakes. Fernando was a weird one.

He let me ride around with him when he was out serving the fiends, always stressing to me not to tell anybody about our business, don't be tagging him on Facebook, don't post pictures of us together, which was fine I guess. I knew he was married and that he wasn't my boyfriend so I couldn't disagree with him.

On top of that, he had rules and expectations out of me. I could see other dudes if I wanted to and even have boyfriends, but only he was allowed to hit raw. Fernando also would ask me for random favors like ironing his clothes or making him food when he came by. In return, he gave me bomb ass sex and dope.

I didn't necessarily like the transactional feel of our situation but Fernando was fun to be with and, surprisingly, not drama.

"Wyd mama," he texted me around noon.

"Laying in bed with Scooter."

"Get your fine ass up and be ready for me, Imma take you somewhere. Be there in an hour. Look gud for me."

I rolled out of bed, laughing to myself about the way Fernando spelled the word good. So his idea of looking good (or gud) compared to Krist's were two entirely different things. The things Fernando liked to see were the clothes Krist described as looking whoreish.

Digging through my closet, I ended up selecting a rainbow pastel sweater and matching skirt I'd gotten off Dollskill forever ago but for some reason or another, didn't wear. It was cute as hell though, the top was an off-the-shoulder crop with flared sleeves, and the skirt was supposed to be worn at or above your belly button but I let it rest low on my hips since it was ridiculously short and I wasn't trying to show everybody my cooch.

I paired the outfit with some over-the-knee Care Bear socks and knee-high white boots with fur trim that I had also gotten through Dollskill.
I straightened my hair and did my makeup, standing back to admire myself in the mirror.

Satisfied, I took a couple of selfies in the full-length mirror that hung loosely off the back of my closet, sending them to Fernando and also posting them on Facebook.

"What you got under that little skirt 😈" Fernando texted me.

"You'll just have to wait n see," I replied with a smirk.

As I waited for him, I cleaned the apartment, scooped the litter box, and opened a can of food for Scooter. I swear that cat had gotten gigantic overnight. I had taken him to the Humane Society a few weeks before to have him neutered and get all his shots, they told me he was twenty pounds. I didn't even realize cats got that big but apparently they did. He wasn't even fat, just an all-around massive boy.

Scooter ate his wet food appreciatively, looking up at me with his little slow blink every few bites. Ugh, I loved that cat.

Anyway, Fernando took forever to show. One thing I'd learned way back before we started messing around was that Fernando has zero concept of time, even if he tells you he will be there at a set time, he's gonna take for-fucking-ever.