𝐄𝐏. 23

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚  𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷  CHAPTER
TWENTY-THREE ; UPTOWN .
───────────────────────

•••

Malik had gestured to the whiteboard, "we need better weapons." he says as I crossed my arm and tilted my head with a raised brow.

"Okay...how are we going to get there?" Tyler asks.

"Well, we'll need to do two things first: we need a vehicle to drive to the gun shop. my parents jeep is the closest so we'll need to bring it to the graveyard. however, the phantom got over the walls last time. I'm not sure how, but we need to figure out a way to stop it from happening again—so when we get the keep, any phantoms that follow us won't be able to get in." Ashlyn explains. "Anyone got any ideas?"

I was silent as I paced around a bit, I watched as ben walked over to a bag and unzipped it as he grabbed a notebook and drew in it.

"Well, bobbed wire? that might work but..if they were normal humans, yeah. but it wouldn't really bother them, it's like they don't feel pain." I told ben, "but it was a good idea." I gently pat his shoulder and he gave a small smile.

"Can I borrow your knife Aiden?" Ashlyn asks Aiden, he nods.

"Sure." He replies but he paused when he saw ashyln cut off her braids.

"These need to go." Ashlyn says.

My eyes widened, what the— then I see her hand the knife to malik and then he cuts his hair off. WHAT—

My mouth goes agape, "it was getting too long anyway." Malik replied with a wink.

I'm gonna miss his hair.

•••

Malik had came to school today which a much better attitude than yesterday, and his hair still stayed the same way— not long like it used to be but it was cut into a wixie-styled-cut, and he still had kept his bangs, he wore a dark green sweater with his high top nikes.

And he also dyed his hair a darker color, no way..he finally took off his contacts? his eye color was grey, I smiled at this as I saw this.

"Hey." I say and aiden peeks over my shoulder as he smiled at malik.

"Someone looks different." Aiden grinned.

Malik could only chuckle as he gave a closed eyed smile, "it's only natural that I show my true self and stop being afraid—" but he pauses when he sees logan getting bullied.

Malik then tilts his head as he grinned, his jaw clenched as I saw a vein in his neck which was pretty visible.

Oh, well, this was about to get crazy...

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE