𝐄𝐏. 58

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚  𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷  CHAPTER
FIFTY-EIGHT ; HOME SWEET HOME .
───────────────────────

•••

Malik sits at a desk as he scanned through the computer, his finger clicking on the mouse as he bit his lower lip, he had changed so much throughout this whole entire situation, I still felt like we had some type of connection— including with ben. I didn't know what to think of my feelings, but I knew one thing for sure, is that I liked ben and malik.

"I remember when my mom told me something was weird with my sight." Malik spoke, "I can still see the phantom's regardless of my damaged eye. something is weird about this place and I don't know what it is.." he trails off while pinching the bridge of his nose.

Ben sat beside him before writing down something in his notebook and showing malik a little drawing.

'Do you think that the phantoms know you see them?'

Malik reads it and shakes his head as he gave a weak smile, "probably not. but...you might be onto something. my mom hasn't been telling me everything, nor has my dad." he says while looking down at his lap. "This bite mark on my forearm? it's been itching all day– I hope I'm not infected."

Ben and I panicked when we heard this, "no! no! don't think that way." I said while placing a hand on Malik's shoulder, a frown on my lips.

Malik could only frown in reply as he blew a strand of hair out of his face as he slowly nodded.

"Guys," ash says as she gestures to us. "you might wanna see this."

I stood up from my seat and made my way to the others, looking at the computer Aiden was using— and there I saw my parents.

Malik glared, "I knew it. they were lying to us, I know for sure we can't trust these people. be on guard alright?" he says with a clenched fist, his knuckles nearly turning white from how hard he was clenching them.

•••

Malik wakes up from his slumber, right now he had something that was called a 'brain wave' on his head. The lady noticed Malik's glare, and if she was honest? he was the most hostile out of the entire group and his temper was heavy.

"What's this for?" Malik asks her.

"Like I told your other friend? Ms.Banner? It's to read your brain waves. they said they are trying something today, I'm not sure what though." The lady replies.

A knock came to the door and malik glanced over his shoulder, seeing it open. "Are you done? we'll take him from here." someone says.

Malik stood up, "I'll crack your goddamned skull right open, you are not taking me. do you hear me? you are not—!" one of the guards grabbed malik by the wrist as well did the other, dragging him out the room. he thrashed around and yelled, "get off me! get off!"

The lady just sighs with crossed arms, "that boy is..complicated." she mumbled.

"ASSAULT ON A MINOR! ASSAULT!" Malik yelled continuously as he kicked and thrashed around.

He passed by a lady who gestured inside somewhere, "go on in." she says.

Malik sees ash and his brows furrowed with confusion, the guards placed him inside and he glared at them. "I'm suing! you hear!? suing!"

"Malik?" Ash says as she keeps her eyes on the infected, malik slowly turns around and follows her gaze.

When he sees this his brows furrowed with confusion, "what- what is this?" he says as he felt a shiver run down his spine.

"Ms.Banner and Mr.Conwell," a voice says. "We would like you both to try and interact with the infected."

END OF CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT