𝐄𝐏. 48

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。 ˚  𖤐
┆⋮#༘⋆⤷  CHAPTER
FORTY-EIGHT ; HOSPITAL VISIT .
───────────────────────

•••

"MOM, DAD!" Emilia shouted as she tried shaking Malik awake, his eyes were like a void, and they were wide. Cory and Scottie immediately ran inside the room, "what- what's—"

Cory immediately ran to his son and cradled his head in his hands, "Malik, hey, hey wake—"

Silence.

"MALIK!" Scottie shouted, "no, no!" she reached for her son's stiff body, hauling him up and taking him in her arms, carefully pulling him close.

"We gotta take him to the hospital!" Cory says as Emilia picks him up by the legs and Scottie picks malik up by the arms, they carry him downstairs and Cory opens the door to his car before Emilia gets into the car, Malik's head was laid in his sisters lap, she could see how stiff he was.

•••

I sat inside the hospital with the others, sitting next to ben as my head was laid on his shoulder. the both of us were holding hands, I feel ben caressing my knuckles with his thumb.

All I felt was rage, I clenched my fist, tears were still falling down my eyes as I thought about tyler and malik— that all could've been prevented if I had just grabbed him and tyler in time.

This was my fault.

I was in that back seat where tyler was, I was the one right next to malik, it should've been ME.

I hate myself, if only I had saved him sooner.

END OF CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT