four | george stephanopolous

- THE ONE WITH GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOUS -

STEPHANOPOULOUS -

———

"95, 96, 97." Joey counted his stepped as he walked into Central Perk with Chandler and Erika by his side, "see, less than 100 steps from our place to here!"

"So you can count!" Erika patted Joey on the back before walking over to sit with the others, "there's the birthday boy! I believe Joey has a surprise for you." Erika smiled as she sat in an armchair.

"Ross, check it out. Hockey tickets, rangers-penguins and we're taking you!" Joey said excitedly as he handed Ross the tickets.

"That's funny. My birthday was seven months ago." Ross smiled awkwardly.

"Shame." Erika mumbled as she flipped through a magazine.

"So?" Joey asked.

"So, I'm guessing you had an extra ticket and couldn't decide who got to bring a date." Ross guessed making Erika laugh.

"They're an open book!" Erika laughed loudly making chandler look at her in disbelief.

"Oh. Is today the 20th, October 20th?" Ross asked after reading the date on the ticket.

"I was hoping you wouldn't remember." Monica answered making Ross groan.

"What's wrong with the 20th?" Joey questioned from beside Ross.

"11 days before Halloween—all the good costumes are gone?" Chandler joked.

"Today's the day Carol and I first..." Ross paused as he looked towards Joey, "consummated our...physical relationship."

"So, you had sex." Erika nodded.

"You know what? I better pass on the game." Ross spoke sadly as he passed the ticket back to Joey, "I think I'm just gonna go home and think about my ex-wife and her lesbian lover." Ross stood up and left.

"Okay, Henry the 8th." Erika joked before sipping her coffee.

———

That night in Monica's apartment, Erika sat on the couch as Rachel walked in.

"Hey, Rach. How was it with your friends?" Monica asked before her and Phoebe mocked a girly scream making Erika jump.

"Okay. Did I miss something?" Erika questioned rhetorically as Rachel glared at Monica and Phoebe.

"Okay, how would you like some Tiki Death Punch?" Monica asked ignoring Rachel's glare.