nineteen | birth

-THE ONE WITH THE BIRTH-

"Did we miss it?" Erika questioned as they ran into the emergency room.

"No. Carol and Susan aren't even here yet." Ross panicked.

"How'd we get here before them?" Matthew questioned.

"I don't know! She could be giving birth in the cab." Ross continued to panic.

"Ross, relax. It's probably two dollars for the first contraction and then 50 cents for each additional contract..." Rachel stopped herself when she noticed Ross' glare, "what, it's okay when Chandler does it?"

"Yeah. When he does it, it's actually funny." Erika shrugged before a doctor brought carol and Susan into the waiting room.

"Where the hell have you been?" Ross asked frantically.

"We stopped at the gift shop." Carol grinned, "I was looking at stuffed animals and Susan wanted a chunky."

"You're having a baby. Okay? A baby!" Ross exclaimed as he walked into the emergency room.

————

Erika watched as a newborn baby got handed to its mother making Erika sigh sadly.

"Babies are so cute." Erika pouted, "I want one."

"Not tonight, honey. I got an early day tomorrow." Chandler mumbled, half asleep.

"Get up." Erika scoffed, "let's get some coffee."

"Okay, because we never do that." Chandler shrugged as he followed Erika over to the coffee machine.

"Oh, look, twins." Erika sighed, "no fair! I don't even have one."

"And at the rate you're going, you're never gonna have one." Matthew laughed before walking away with his coffee.

"Don't listen to him. You'll get one." Chandler spoke up.

"Oh, yeah. When?" Erika scoffed.

"I'll tell you what. When we're 40, if neither of us are married, what do you say you and I get together and have one?" Chandler suggested, Erika thought for a moment.

"Sounds like a good plan, Chandler Bing." Erika nodded, holding her hand out for him to shake.

"Of course it's a good plan, it came from the best." Chandler joked as he shook Erika's hand before Rachel walked over to them in a really nice dress.

"Did you go home and change?" Monica questioned as she walked towards them.

"It's an important day. I want to look nice." Rachel shrugged, "has Dr. Franzblau been by?" Erika rolled her eyes.

"No, haven't seen him." Erika shook her head.

"He's supposed to be here!" Rachel complained, "for the baby!"

"What is the deal with you and doctors?" Matthew questioned, "Is your father a doctor?"

"Yeah, why?" Rachel asked awkwardly.

"No reason." Matthew shrugged.

———

"Where are they?" Carol cried as she pushed but Susan, Ross and Phoebe were missing from the delivery room.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon." Monica reassured.

"Yeah, they wouldn't miss this." Rachel added.

"Relax, you're only at nine centimetres and the baby's at zero station." Joey shrugged.

"You are really frightening me." Chandler spoke.

"Alright, ten centimetres. Here we go." Dr. Franzblau spoke suddenly, "time to start pushing."

"But they're not here yet." Carol cried.

"I'm sorry. I can't tell the baby to wait for them." Dr. Franzblau shrugged as Carol began to push.

Seconds later, Ross, Susan and Phoebe ran into the delivery room.

"Where have you been?" Carol asked angrily.

"Long story." Ross sighed.

"Carol, I need you to keep pushing." Dr. Franzblau instructed, "there's too many people in this room, there's about to be one more, so anybody who's not an ex-husband or a lesbian life partner, out you go."

"Good luck!" The group chorused as they left the room.

———

The group got word that the new baby boy had been born so they all walked back into the room.

"Everybody, there's someone I'd like you to meet." Ross smiled as he picked up the baby boy, "this is Ben." Ross introduced.

"Susan, he looks just like you." Phoebe complimented earning looks from everyone in the room.

"Thanks." Susan laughed.

"I can't believe one of us actually has one of these." Rachel sighed.

"I know. I still am one of these." Chandler added.

"Ross? Can I?" Monica asked as she held out her arms, Ross nodded as he placed Ben in her arms, "hi, I'm your Aunt Monica." Monica teared up.