one | new roommate

- THE ONE WHERE MONICA GETS A NEW ROOMMATE -

———

"How do I look?" Rachel asked turning around to face Erika.

"Rach, you look absolutely stunning! Barry is a lucky man." Erika chuckled as she looked at the beautiful wedding gown that Rachel wore.

"You really think so?" Rachel asked turning around to look in the mirror again, her smile dropping ever so slightly.

"Honey, I know so!" Erika replied making Rachel shake her head.

"I can't do this." Rachel breathed out making Erika furrow her eyes brows.

"What—?" Erika started but was cut off when Rachel ran out of the dressing room, "Rachel!" Erika called out as she quickly followed after her best friend.

Rachel made it to the bathroom before the locked herself in a cubicle, Erika was confused, she thought she wanted Rachel to get married, but she was wrong.

"Rachel! What's wrong?" Erika asked as she banged on the locked door of the cubicle.

Rachel sighed as she opened the door, "I can't marry him, Erika."

"I figured that much. But why? I thought you wanted to marry." Erika asked in concern.

"I can't marry someone I don't love." Rachel sighed as she leaned up against the sink.

"I thought you did love Barry.." Erika stated still confused.

"So did I!" Rachel sighed in disbelief, "but now that I'm here, in this gown, that is really hard to breathe in! I just can't go through with it." Rachel cried before her eyes landed on a nearby window, "I've gotta get out of here." Rachel said before looking towards Erika, "give me a boost?" Rachel asked in hope.

"What?! No! You can't just walk—climb your way out of this! You said 'yes' to Barry for a reason." Erika stated.

"Fine. If you aren't gonna help me. I'll climb out myself." Rachel huffed before stepping onto the toilet seat and opening the window before struggling to climb out as Erika watched in disbelief.

Erika sighed when she realised her friend wasn't getting anywhere so she decided to give Rachel a boost resulting in Rachel falling flat on her face.

"Ow!" Rachel groaned.

"Sorry!" Erika apologised before jumping out of the window herself.