five | the family

- THE ONE WITH THE UNEXPECTED FAMILY VISIT -

———

"Will you let it go?" Monica begged as the group sat in Central Perk, "it's not that big a deal."

"Not that big a deal?" Ross questioned, "it's amazing, okay? You just reach in there, there's one little manoeuvre and bam, a bra, right out of the sleeve. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing a guy can do that even comes close."

"Oh, come on! You guys can pee standing up." Rachel stated.

"We can?" Chandler asked before facing Joey, "okay, I'm trying that." Chandler said making Erika laugh from beside him.

"You know what blows my mind? Women can see breasts anytime they want." Joey stated with a shrug, "you just look down, and there they are! How you get any work done is beyond me."

"We don't. We're to busy checking ourselves out." Erika rolled her eyes at Joey before sipping her coffee.

"Okay, you know what I don't get?" Phoebe asked as she sat forward, "the way guys can do so many mean things and then not even care." Phoebe said before leaning back as they girls nodded in agreement.

The guys looked at each other for a few seconds before Ross spoke up, "multiple orgasms!"

———

"So, Saturday night, the big night! Date night!" Chandler cheered as he ran over to his friends.

"No plans, huh?" Joey questioned.

"Not a one." Chandler groaned as he sat beside Erika.

"Not even, say, breaking up with Janice?" Ross asked.

"Oh, right, right." Chandler nodded before he glared at Ross, "shut up."

"Chandler, nobody likes breaking up with someone." Monica stated, "you just got to do it."

"I know, but it's so hard, you know?" Chandler sighed, "I mean, you're sitting there with her. She has no idea what's happening. And then you finally get up the courage to do it and there's that horrible awkward moment when you've handed her the note..." Erika furrowed her eyebrows as she placed her magazine on the coffee table.

"You've never broken up with anybody in person, have you?" Erika smirked teasingly, Chandler avoided her gaze.

"Why do you have to break up with her?" Joey asked, "be a man. Just stop calling."

"Have you met Janice, Joey? She's scary!" Erika exclaimed.

"If you want, I'll do it with you." Phoebe offered kindly.

"Oh, thanks. But I think she'd feel like we're hanging up on her." Chandler smiled sarcastically.

"No, I mean, you break up with Janice and I'll break up with Tony." Phoebe explained.

"You're breaking up with Tony?" Monica asked sadly.

"Yeah, I know he's sweet, but it's just not fun anymore." Phoebe replied honestly, "I don't know if it's me or his hunger strike, or..." Phoebe trailed off shaking her head.

"Does anybody want anything else?" Rachel asked as she walked over with her notepad and pen.

"Oh, yeah. Last week you had a wonderful nutty, chocolaty, kind of a cakey pie thing..." Ross stopped when he was met with Rachel's glare, "nothing. I'm fine."

"What's the matter? Why so scrunchy?" Phoebe questioned noticing Rachel's mood.

Rachel groaned, "it's my father. He wants to give me a Mercedes Convertible." Rachel asked as she sat on the couch.

"That guy...he burns me up." Ross mumbled.

"Yeah, well, it's a Mercedes if I move back home." Rachel added making Erika's jaw drop, "ugh, it's horrible. He called me "young lady"

"Oh, I hate when my father calls me that." Chandler spoke with a shrug.

"Did he give you that "you're not up to this" thing again?" Erika questioned.

"Oh, yeah. I actually got the extended disco version with three choruses of "you'll never make it on your own" Rachel replied jokingly.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh." Phoebe sung making Joey chuckle before a beautiful blonde women walked in and greeted Joey.

"Oh my god—Angela." Joey gasped.

"Wow. Being dumped by you obviously agrees with her." Monica stated.

"Are you gonna go over there?" Phoebe questioned.

"No. Yeah. No." Joey stuttered.

Erika stood up and grabbed Joeys arm, "yes." Erika pulled Joey off the couch before leading him over to Angela, "hi, I believe you guys know each other? Have fun." Erika smiled before walking back over to the others.

———

"Hey, Chan. How'd the break up go?" Erika asked as Chandler walked into her apartment, placing her laundry basket down to face him.

"Not great." Chandler shook his head sadly, "I hit her in the eye!"

"Oh, Chandler. I'm so sorry." Erika said pulling Chandler in for a hug.

Pulling apart from the hug, Erika looked up at chandler and their eyes met. Chandler was the first to lean in, Erika following his actions but before their lips could touch there was a loud knock at the door making them pull apart.

Erika walked over to the door and gasped when she spotted her mother, Kathleen, standing there with her brother, Matthew, by her side.