ten | monkey

- THE ONE WITH THE MONKEY -

———

"Guys, there's somebody I'd like you to meet." Ross said as he peaked his head through Monica's apartment door before opening the door fully to reveal a monkey on his shoulder.

Erika gawked, "is that a monkey?" Erika squealed walking towards Ross and patting the monkey.

"This is Marcel." Ross introduced happily walking towards the others, Monica backed away.

"He is precious! Where did you get him?" Rachel questioned.

"My friend, Bethel, rescued him from some lab." Ross answered.

"That's unfortunate." Erika sighed sadly.

"Yeah, I know." Ross said looking at Marcel.

"No, I meant your friend being named Bethel." Erika replied honestly before sitting on the couch.

"Hey, that monkeys got a Ross on his ass." Chandler joked as he walked into the room.

"Ross, is he gonna live with you?" Monica questioned worriedly.

"Yeah." Ross nodded, "it's been kind of quiet since Carol left, so..." Ross trailed off with a shrug.

"Why don't you just get a roommate?" Monica asked.

"I think you reach a certain age having a roommate is just kind of pathe..." Ross stopped when he noticed the looked on his friends faces, "Sorry. That's 'pathet'. Which means really cool way to live." Ross cringed before sitting beside Erika.

———

"I'm doing all new material tonight." Phoebe smiled as she lightly strummed her guitar, "I have 12 new songs about my mothers suicide and one about a snowman!"

"Might wanna open with the snowman." Chandler nodded as Joey walked in.

"Hey, Joey." Erika greeted, "so, how'd it go?"

"I didn't get the job." Joey groaned as he sat down in his regular seat.

"Aw. How could you not get it?" Ross groaned in disappointment, "you were Santa last year!"

Joey shrugged, "I don't know. Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager. He's not even jolly! It's all political."

"So, what're you gonna be?" Monica questioned.